Whenever I was 8 years old. I became really good friends with 2 coloured children who lived on my street.

Best Answer

Since I could see. I grew up in a very caucasian area, but my adopted older cousin was black, so one of my best buddies growing up was black. Gave me a unique perspective on racism maybe.

Best Answer

The first two people I met were my white mother and black father. And I have cousins on both sides. It's always been diverse.

Best Answer

Wow, interracial marriages were uncommon when you were born. I hope you know how brave your parents are.

Best Answer

I do indeed. They were both from Louisiana, met at college in New York, legally married and moved to California, after graduation. It was illegal for them to be married in their home state.

Best Answer

In grade-school, my best buddy was a black boy named James. I really didn't think anything of it at all until some of the other kids started telling me I shouldn't play with him because he was black. (It was the 80s, but I lived in a very small southern town where racism was still alive and well.) <br />
I went home and told my mother what the kids said, and she told me to ignore the kids and keep playing with James, because "God made everyone and He wants us to love one another". <br />
I never paid attention to what the kids said after that.

Best Answer

Public school so I've always known other races and whatnot

Best Answer

In Primary School we had a black girl in my class. Her family was the only one in the entire school, as Bournemouth didn't have many blacks at all in those days. She was lovely and I always fancied her, but it was unrequited, unfortunately.

Best Answer

I grew up with no asian in my neighborhood. They only worked in stores. That made he hyper curious about them.

Best Answer

u must not live in the u.s. its really quite normal for me

Best Answer

Today yes, but in the 60"s it was a different world. Segregation was common and violence erupted most everywhere

Best Answer

Always cause I was born in Birmingham

Best Answer

I am black. When I was little at this daycare, some kid told me that I couldn't go on the slide first because I was black and he was white. So about age 5 or so. I am 13 now. I will never forget that. It destroyed me and lowered my self esteem.

Best Answer

That's so sad. Try not to let one thoughtless and selfish remark make you feel less worthy

Best Answer

the first black dude i ever saw in person was about 4 months ago. at first i thought i was seeing things. but i talked to him and he was ok.

Best Answer

4 years ago, not months....sorry

Best Answer

i live just outside of a very small town in WV

Best Answer

In College, they mocked white people and defaced the campus property fairly often.

Best Answer

I live in Nyc, and I am almost 18. I have always encountered diversity in the school system since I was little.

Best Answer

That's great. I lived in the suburbs of Minneapolis which in the 60's were lilly white. We moved into the city in 1965 and I attended a school where whites were the minoriy. It really opened my eyes.

Best Answer