1changingheart 1changingheart 51-55, M 9 Answers Nov 17, 2011

Being married and continuing with an open relationship need lots of maturity. Its not for fickle or narrow minded people who would end up in a divorce sooner or later. If the married couple has love for each other and has chosen to have an open relationship where it concerns sexual needs, I feel that swapping is the best option, with each other's consent. That way, the couple remain with each other and also enjoy the benefits of open relationship. <br />
In a marriage, you cant have both the partners screwing around at their will and still claim that they are happily married, not for long, though.

Best Answer

Why people who choose such a lifestyle is a mystery to me. I knew an open marriage couple and of course they eventually divorced. In my opinion why bother. You want to sex it up with multiple partners all power to ya but don't pee on the concept of commitment and marriage. Don't make promises you will not honor.<br />
'<br />
I read once that couples who do this say they do this for their kids - namesakes. What you think your kids are stupid - they eventually find out.

Best Answer

If the relationship is sex ba<x>sed,then in time your partner will seek for sex from others when you are not as sexy as before,on the other hand,if your relationship is love ba<x>sed,sex is not a priority then the above statement will not occur.

Best Answer

so do I. pls explain.

Best Answer

I agree. I think if you want to play the field, why bother getting married at all? Getting married is supposed to be about being with only the one you married.

Best Answer

I don`t understand the concept either. I think it is stupid. I have known a few couples that had this and thier relationship did not last long. I guess they would tell you that it is ba<x>sed on honesty and they are open with each other when they have sex with someone else, but then if they feel the need to be sexual with someone else they should not be in a marriage.

Best Answer

Open relationship is when you're given permit to sleep with others. ;)

Best Answer

I think it's about the way a person views loyalty. If you feel that loyalty is purely emotional, and so long as the person you love is only emotionally invested in you, then that person is loyal to you and nothing else matters. He or she can sleep with whoever they want because sexual gratification isn't part of the loyalty equation. You know they'll come back to you in the end and you intend to grow old together.

Best Answer