I donted 15 inches. My boyfriend hates my short hair but I didnt care I love to help those in need. More if its children that need it the most.
greaserdoll greaserdoll 18-21, F 12 Answers Nov 18, 2012 in Cancer

My wife donated her extremely long hair. I was in shock and acted like a jerk over it. It was a huge surprise for me. I go over it. I'm happy that she did it. It helped her feel better about losing her mother to cancer and it helped others. <a href="http://www.experienceproject.com/stories/Donated-My-Hair-To-A-Good-Cause/2271389" target="ep_blank">EP Link</a>

Best Answer

Yes you did act like a jerk over it but I forgave you after you began to understand why I did it.

Best Answer

That is a wonderful thing to be able to do, well done you. x

Best Answer

Thanks :)

Best Answer

If your bf continues to have a b*tch-fest, dump him. The problem young people have is - they don't take into account the value of inner-beauty. I don't prefer women with short hair either, but I'd find your course of action quite admirable. I'd keep my mouth shut about my PHYSICAL ATTRACTION issue - *AS IF* the whole world revolved around my ****....

Best Answer

Lol so true! Thanks :)

Best Answer

I have long blonde hair and hope to donate it once it's long enough. Don't ever stop doing what you're doing. There are people out there who not only can't grow their own hair, but live with the risk of dying at any moment the disease decides to kick into overdrive. As if a hard-on is more important than a dying person's comfort. You should never regret the actions that make you admirable.

Best Answer

That is very wise and true. I feel better now thanks. I rather make a child happy for the time they have left. Hair grows back and if it doesnt grow back how it use to, then I'll be happy that I donated at least once and made a child happy to have my hair on thier head and make them feel beautiful and normal for a while.

Best Answer

A kid in my small community was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer in the summer of 2011 and died a couple months ago. While we're worrying about our looks, people are *lucky* if they see another day. So really... what's our hangup exactly? Ya know??

Best Answer

I would if I kept better care of it

Best Answer

I have donated once. I liked the fact that some little girl was going to squeal with delight because she didn't need to be ashamed of her hair anymore. I have learned to half hate and half love my short hair. In the beginning I loved not having to do anything, then that very same thing began to bother me. I told my mom I am never ever ever ever ever ever cutting it that short again.

Best Answer

I donated my hair. My husband posted a link to my story about the donation and the reason behind it. Your boyfriend will get over it or it will be time to find a new boyfriend. Besides healthy hair grows fast so you will have it back in no time.

Best Answer

Well done.

Best Answer

I have done it. Intend to do it again when possible.

Best Answer

I used to get a haircut every 2 years to donate to Locks of Love.

Best Answer

Sweet! thats my plan to keep growing it and donating it :)

Best Answer