yogababy yogababy 46-50, F 24 Answers Nov 5, 2012 in Parenting & Family

Adults need adult time.

Best Answer

not at all, I am a parent and when I hang out with anyone, I find it annoying when they bring their kids. You can't do adult things, and you can't talk in an adult manner, just say hey is it us tonite or us and the kids. If ya can't go out without the kids, catch you when you can.

Best Answer

No at all. <br />
For some reason when most people have kids they think everyone wants to be around the little brats. I've never had friends with kids but I have been around other people that did and they all had the same complaint.<br />
That's why birds of a feather flock together.

Best Answer

Not at all. You can't have a proper catch up when the children are around as their parent will always be keeping an eye on them and so be constantly distracted, or their kid comes and interrupts because they want some attention. If they really want to have a proper catch up with you, they can arrange a sitter - just as I'm sure they would do if they wanted to have a date night with their partner.

Best Answer

That's all I'm saying. We began planning this weeks ago. Not yesterday.

Best Answer

No. Its fine. Although a number of couples are choosing not to have kids these days. So you may find over time you have several childless friends to socialise with.

Best Answer

Totally.

Best Answer

I think it is mandatory.. I couldn't imagine a relationship that didn't cater to the parents every once and a while.

Best Answer

no but it is easier having friends without kids (:

Best Answer

of course not. i'm sure the parents feel the same.

Best Answer

not at all

Best Answer

I almost had a kid. I got pregnant but five months in, I was in a horrible car accident and my rib cage badly cracked. One of those broken ribs popped my womb like a balloon filled with water and my child died without any synovial fluid to survive off of.

Best Answer

I don't think so. I don't have any kids either. Luckily I have quite a few friends that are "kidless." Some people might perceive it as you not liking kids, but that isn't necessarily the case.

Best Answer

If I am reading your question correct, you want to know if it is selfish to want to spend quality time with someone you care about? Well as most have said no, not at all! I am in the same boat, and it is not selfish, unrealistic...possibly but not selfish.

Best Answer

Yes, no it isn't selfish nor is it not a reasonable request. Or ya can get new friends w/out the kittahs? Do they go out w/out their own kids? They can't be doubled standard or they'd look bad right? Why would they want to take em out w/en anyway?

Best Answer

One's a single mom. Life revolves around them. Another has a husband who does what he does when he does so she might as well be single. I'm always gone. The two friends beg to do stuff with me, but it's always ChuckyCheese type stuff. Ugh!!

Best Answer

Be a friend again &amp; do what they want,and then they must do what u want,if they really are friends...it's hard being a mother/father &amp; the gull of them loving their kids?

Best Answer

50/50 is all i'm saying~
I went out w/them &amp; w/out,it's what the game plan is&gt;&gt; fair nuff?

Best Answer

It always begins with me arranging something cool a month in advance. Then single mom, who I talk to nearly every day, "forgets" she has something one the day scheduled.No matter what day...Then the married one "forgets." That's why I just duck out, give them each other's phone numbers and end up smiling in another Chucky Cheese rat pic...

Best Answer

Well... its not really an issue, unless it is an issue for your friends. It might be that having an evening without kids is not a priority for them. Maybe you need to have friends that do not have kids so you can enjoy that lifestyle with them. After all, kids are not puppies that you can put in a crate for a few hours or send to the boarding kennel for a bit.

Best Answer

No not at all. My wife and i don't have kids either. Every now and then it is nice to have adult activities with no kids.

Best Answer

It's not .. but you have to realize that your friends with kids have different priorities now. <br />
Hopefully, they can still get away and spend time with you without them .. but it's not always so easy.

Best Answer

I do. That's why I rarely do anything with them. They beg to do stuff with me. And then when I make room for them in my schedule, I'm supposed to remember all the 20 million activities their kids are scheduled to do. That's why I always just visit their homes.

Best Answer

No .. Of course not its hard work sometimes x

Best Answer

Absolutely not. Many of us have no children. I make compromises for my friends who do (although, most of my friends' kids are in college or older now). They can humour me once in a while.

Best Answer