My husband filed for divorce last week. We broke up a week ago... and now I found out I'm pregnant!! I don't know if I should keep the baby or not. I have a two year old as well. I am working two jobs and the idea of being pregnant while getting a divorce and/or trying to get my life together is just terrifying... He doesn't think I should have it. It's a bad environment, we can't afford it, we won't have any help. We're not together. But when I asked if he would be in the babys life if I had it, he said yes. I'm so confused.
AmberC11 AmberC11 22-25, F 10 Answers Apr 13 in Parenting & Family

You caught between a rock and a hard place.<br />
Don't rely on your husband to be there for you in the end and you must assume that you will be alone.<br />
You have to think about your current child and yourself too and being able to survive.<br />
The obvious answer is to have a termination but if you cant bring yourself to doing that then give the gift of life to someone else that cannot have children and adopt out.<br />
What ever you do I wish you happiness.

Best Answer

It is your body. You will be the one carrying the child and caring for the child. It has to be your own choice. Is there someone you trust that you can talk to? Where I live, there are psychological walk-in clinics for people who are having difficulties. Or, you could call a distress line. Going through divorce is really horrible. You can message me anytime.

Best Answer

You are all so wonderful and supportive. I am so glad I found this site! Thank you

Best Answer

Don't keep it.

Best Answer

Thank you for all the responses. I've been contemplating this for days and days. My husband doesn't think I should keep it. He doesn't think this is an environment to bring a child into. Our two year old is going to suffer enough. And we are not getting back together. I agree with him completely. I don't think this is a good idea. The idea of termination scares me. I think I just need someone to go with me and help me through it. But I don't think we can have it :(<br />
So sad!!!!!!! I am so horrified of this entire situation. I never thought I would be getting a divorce let alone terminating a baby. :( :(<br />
Thank you for the responses though. It helps me with the decision.

Best Answer

You have no family to help you? Though you feel terrified now, take the fear out of this equation and ask yourself if you want this baby....though you are afraid right now, and by all means this is perfectly normal considering all that you are going through, don't think of the fear aspect of it all.

Best Answer

My mom said she'd help with babysitting both kids. But I can't afford a baby and I don't have anyone in my family to help financially. I can barely afford the apartment we're moving into with two new roommates!

Best Answer

It is completely your choice as you know. I would keep the baby, yes it would be very hard for a while but with the divorce child support could be sought along with possible other job opportunities making more money. And with your mom offering help is a good thing. Maybe even a cheaper apartment....things to cut back on and other methods of living until things got better financially. I wish you all the best in either choice that you make.

Best Answer

I really don't know, the first thing coming to mind is you should talk with a professional counsellor

Best Answer

If you know you aren't able to take good care of it, then you can simply put it up for adoption.

Best Answer

Have u told him about it?

Best Answer

Yes and he doesn't think we should keep it.

Best Answer

tough choice good luck

Best Answer