Dan193 Dan193 18-21, M 22 Answers Nov 14, 2012 in Hobbies

Some of us (ill be 40 in matter of weeks) and I joined online in the mid 90s and some of it is normal words for me. heck I know more internet / cell phone lanuange then my kids do and they are 19 and 21.

Best Answer

they might be jealous ))

Best Answer

It does drive him nuts sometimes when he has to come to me for his internet classes work and ask me how to this and that, that most adults know LOL.

Best Answer

Christ...now we can't even "lol"....what's next..."wtf"???

Best Answer

IKR?? OMG!!

Best Answer

IKR? LMAO

Best Answer

You lost the right to use lol when you started saying it in conversations. No one should ever say "...and then I was like ell oh ell." It makes you sound stupid.

Best Answer

IHYFYAA { I hope you find your "A" again.}
HIMBIYP { Hint: it may be in your pants}

Best Answer

I don't take myself quite so seriously, or the people here. I'm certainly not going judge someone "stupid" because they choose to convey to others that they don't want their words taken too serious with a simple "lol" or other emoticon because it annoys some of you.

Best Answer

if your not poohing purple with orange stripes were coming to get you dan

Best Answer

does indigo count as purple?

Best Answer

well , we'll let it go this time

Best Answer

haha thanks kitty xD

Best Answer

Nope.

Best Answer

its means they are laughing out loud... 40+ people do it all the time..

Best Answer

You know what's funny, I was actually going to make a question begging people to stop putting lol at the end of a post. This wanton "lol" usage is getting on my nerves. Seriously, unless something actually makes you "laugh out loud" don't use it.<br />
It makes you sounds like a twelve yr old girl or a drunken hick. Cuz those are the only two people who gigle or laugh after every statement they make.

Best Answer

Ha) you have a point there

Best Answer

Also when people say it aloud in conversation it makes me so mad I could strangle them with a cell phone.

Best Answer

Hahahaha your funny, but chill out you don't want to go to jail for just a "lol"

Best Answer

Or use the word "Cuz"

Best Answer

You can't strangle someone with a cell phone, Dan193. Shaylan, I think the prevalence of "lol" idiocy is more important to deal with than ugly abbreviations of "because".

Best Answer

I see what you did there...

Best Answer

My mom uses it all the time when it wasn't appropriate......come to find out in the 70's lol meant lots of love.

Best Answer

I didn't know that. Thank you for that bit of education.

Best Answer

No problem, we learn something new daily :-)

Best Answer

really I thought that too till a couple of years ago when they started call it "laugh out loud" o.O

Best Answer

Yeah it was only when my mom kept ending our text in lol I finally had to ask her why she thought it was funny and I found out then the meaning :-)

Best Answer

No. They are just trying to stay hip. Haha

Best Answer

Ha, may-be

Best Answer

Trying to stay "Hip"?? I`m just trying to avoid getting an artificial Hip. hahaha

Best Answer

Nah, doesn't bug me at all but I am older too (36). Now if someone 40+ actually SAID "lol" that would be pretty hilarious and awkward...

Best Answer

Welcome to the machine Dan.

Best Answer

Yes, and I don't know why. I use :-) instead.

Best Answer

'cause you want to be different I suppose

Best Answer

lol...yes my mom is 33 and I already thing it's weird.

Best Answer

thank God my'n doesn't 'cause I would go cuckoo =D

Best Answer

Depends...do you have to text two teenage daughters?

Best Answer

I leave acronyms like lol to young nerds,who aren't really up to expressing themselves creatively or well.......

Best Answer

are you referring to me? o.D

Best Answer

J/K

Best Answer

its just a form of communication. Povided it is not over-used it is accesible and understandable to everyone. I would suspect a young bright person like you should have more passionate causes to tackle...

Best Answer