tonpas tonpas 46-50 8 Answers Feb 12, 2012

I prefer to be around people as little as possible, only being around people when necessary or I feel the need of attention. Otherwise, I stay in my own little world...

Best Answer

No, it's not unusual. We are all different as far as how many people we want around us, and how large our social circle should be for us to feel fulfilled or feel like we have enough friends. Some of us are fine with just very close family while other people like to have huge social circles including even distant acquaintances. I'm somewhere in the middle; I don't mind having a ton of people around but my preference is to be around family and to have a few close friends that I really trust. I don't think that you are unusual; just more introverted and there is nothing wrong with that. I'm introverted too; I just pretend to be an extrovert since the type of work I'm in kind of requires it.

Best Answer

thats a good skill, i wish i could act more extrovert like you do in certain situations

Best Answer

I don't always succeed in acting that way...it tires me out sometimes and it isn't really how I want to be. You are honestly better off being who you are, and being accepted for who you are. If anything, you could focus on working on social skills...those can essentially be survival skills for getting you through large gatherings of people that you might have to go through.

Best Answer

Being antisocial is not uncommon, but being a human island is quite peculiar.

Best Answer

they say no man is an island, but i disagree

Best Answer

Simon and Garfunkle had a song about this lol

Best Answer

what, the sound of silence?

Best Answer

"I am a rock". You are not alone. LOL

Best Answer

I wouldn't think so. If I suddenly went some where apart from my "norm", i would feel uncomfortable too.

However, if you like experiencing new things and situations, I highly suggest you just stuff that bias and get out there, it's fun(for me, maybe not for you).

Best Answer

If that is true.. why do you conflict it by being here?

Best Answer

cos im not with ppl here

Best Answer