For a year, I was in love. We moved in together, I adopted a kitten who is mine but is kind of his. We were happy. Then he started getting angry for no reason. His phone wouldn't work properly so it got smashed, he dropped his fork so he punched a coffee table until his knuckles bled. He tells me constantly not to cheat on him. He hates my friends and lets me know that. He sits at home 4 days a week doing nothing but playing video games. 6 months of growing misery. We've broken up and gotten back together 4 times. After the fourth time, his mother bought me a plane ticket for 5 months away and said "now you can't break up." She says they're nonrefundable. If I break up with him I have to pay her back. If she asked me if I thought I would be with him in May, I would have said no don't buy the ticket. I feel trapped. Alone. I need advice. Help me.
AriaUnabashed AriaUnabashed 18-21, F 6 Answers Jan 27 in Dating & Relationships

I think you know what needs doing. Good luck and I hope it works out for you.

Best Answer

And your kitten too.

Best Answer

Get out, you are in a burning building... You will not find happiness there. The highs will be very high but the lows will crush your soul, suck your life. Sorry if I'm overly dramatic, but it sounds very very bad to me. You don't owe him or his mother anything. You are not a ***** for sale, they can't buy you, you're not for sale.

Good luck, it will be a painful break but worse later. If you have access to a counsellor, maybe an EAP at your job or your parents job, get some free counseling. It can be very helpful.

EAP = Employee Assistance Program

Best Answer

Overly dramatic fits the situation!!

Best Answer

Absolutely. For your own safety, get out and run away. This guy is a ticking time bomb.

Best Answer

My mother once said: people change.

Best Answer

He was always like that ,you were just too dumb to see it.

Best Answer

I don't understand it either, I'm going through the same thing. He just started lying a lot and getting angry and pushing me around. It sucks. I don't know what to do.

Best Answer