money = safety. Its what many of us long for.

Best Answer

I am not talking about money in investments so that you can safely make lets say 50k a year and not work. No I am talking about 250k+ per year kind of people. If I made 250k+ per year it wouldnt take me to long before I stopped working

Best Answer

I am with you. I think our Western societies would be much happier and content if that concept of 'work' was drilled in our head. We are human beings not human doings. Work is just a part of life not the only part. One does not say OMG I am missing work on their deathbed.

Best Answer

I don't understand those that don't put more emphasis on money. It makes the world go 'round. It feeds my kids, warms my home, pays for all that expensive medicine I take, puts gas in my car, etc. When I can barely pay my bills, I'm miserable. When I can pay my bills, I'm satisfied. When I can pay my bills and put away for my retirement, I'm happy. When I can do all that AND put money in my kids' college fund, I'm ecstatic. <br />
And no, it's never enough. The more I make, the more things I can do. If I'm sitting on a mountain of cash, I'm going to help as many people as I can with that cash, and continue to work. Because I love working. Work gives me a purpose and sense of satisfaction I don't get elsewhere in my life. It's not the same as the satisfaction I get from raising my kids or running my home.

Best Answer

I live in a modest small 1 bedroom condo next to a neighboorhood with houses that are well into the millions and well over 3000 square feet. NONE of that is at all helpful for anyone.

Best Answer

You CHOOSE to live modestly, just as they CHOOSE to live lavishly. There's nothing wrong with making lots of money and having lots of stuff. I love that we have that freedome. Some people who aren't as well off as you would think that living in a condo so close to that neighborhood is silly because you're paying more to live near the wealthy, as well as condo fees you otherwise wouldn't pay. They might wonder why you don't live in a van down by the river. I love that we (the U.S.) have the freedom to live wealthy, modestly, or in a cardboard box.

Best Answer

People want to believe materialistic things are bad. Those are usually people that can't afford materialistic things that others have. Truth be told, the largest motivator for wealth is financial security. It would be nice to know that if tomorrow something happened to me, all those that are dependent on me would have the rest of their lives covered. I also like the idea that I can share that wealth with the needy (donations and such) in a substantial amount that makes a difference.<br />
And I have to admit, there is a certain amount of satisfaction in setting a high financial goal and achieving. it. When my daughters ask me if they can have something, I don't have to ba<x>se my decision on the price tag.

Best Answer

coudlnt disgree more.
I have seen people with highly stressful lives, working all the time and they could all easily just take the rest of their life off and do nothing if they so desired it.

Best Answer

What you describe as stress they may describe as something different. You gotta look through their eyes to understand it.

Best Answer

I think what people really want is a comfortable life. The more money you have, the more comfortable your life will be. Also, there's lots of cool things like cars and other vehicles, toys, gadgets, a nice house, holidays, money for retirement, money for your kids to get them through to adulthood. They all cost lots of money. It's also always nice to have spare money for emergencies.

Best Answer

i can understand security having enough money to feed yourself and a roof under your head but there is no way in hell I would work a year just so I could buy a lamborghini.

Best Answer

well for some people they like to feel like they're making an impact on the world and having a positive effect on society, and if they can make money while doing so then why not? It's not a question of working a year for a lambourghini, but working an extra few hours in the week so you can upgrade to a nicer car/buy the latest iphone/go on holiday/pay off your mortgage quicker/save money. I could easily live my whole life sitting around doing what I wanted to do but I'd soon realise I wanted to get out and do something productive.

Best Answer

I need them so I can buy me shoes and bags ;p

Best Answer