I'm 40 something!, and was privileged enough to grow up during the Punk, New Wave, Scare & Bob Marley error But don't do rap! and even my kids don't relate to it cos they say it's not music and has no soul!

Best Answer

I try hard to relate to it. A little here and there but for the most part nothing about is appealing.

Best Answer

Your generation? Raps been around for ages. It ain't new. I'm 34 and to be honest can't believe it's still around. I thought that crap would have died out years ago.

Best Answer

It started in the late seventies early eighties.

Best Answer

Well ... It seems like ages.

Best Answer

It is my least favorite music.

Best Answer

I don't mind actual rap, as the lyrics can be quite entertaining, but the rap-ba<x>sed pop music that is so popular these days is awful. My primary musical loyalty lies with metal, mostly death these days.

Best Answer

Because people are like sheep and they will convince themselves to like whatever is supposed to be cool at the time. I think a lot of white people fake liking rap because they mistakenly think it makes them look cool. It is dissapointing that people can't be more diverse in their tastes - it's not like there is nothing else out there? <br />
There are only a handful of rap records that I have ever liked in the past 20 years and they are usually the ones that attempt some kind of melody. The rest pretty much sound the same to me and even the music videos that accompany them all look the same - I fail to see what the appeal is - in the words of the great Morrisey - "It says nothing to me about my life", but I'm sure it does to many others....

Best Answer

I doubt if it's EVERYONE in that age range.

Best Answer

I do. But the ones that aren't obnoxious. I listen to Biggie Small, B.o.B., even some of Lil Waynes more personal music. Some of the older rap can be annoying to me though.

Best Answer

To me each song has a sory to it. I also like the beats and some music expresses my mood . thats why i like it but i also like all other kinds of music also

Best Answer

I like it when things rhyme. Even when they don't make sense! Oh, and when guns and microphones are held sideways. That's HOT!

Best Answer

Best Answer

I hate rap

Best Answer

Ugh... Huh. Do u?

Best Answer