VeritableVagabond VeritableVagabond 18-21, M 12 Answers Jun 15, 2012

What would be better? That we cast stones at them instead? Praying to God for enemies often has the effect of giving me a heart for them. To me that's a much better reason to pray than do anything else for an enemy, yeah?

Best Answer

Who else is gonna do it, wouldn't you want the same from them?

Best Answer

Because we dont want to be evil and go to hell.....

Best Answer

I think it's because they know not what they do because they are cold hearted or uneducated but one day when they have a wake up call and most likely they will they will feel remorse for the things they did or said and they can't take it back and that's sad.

Best Answer

It's the ultimate act of selfless faith. When you can earnestly pray for those that want to kill you, you are exemplifying your faith in god's power to restore someone to eternal life. As long as you live in an approved state, no one on earth can ever really kill you.

Best Answer

Jesus commanded us to do this.... its the type of goodness that can turn around evil, Do good to those that despitefully use you... its the goodness of God that leads us to repentance. Goodness, like praying for your enemy or giving him a drink of water, is like heaping coals of fire upon his head,... it makes him feel bad for being evil to you, because you returned the evil with good. Maybe, then, as Oprah said, when he knows better, he will do better. <br />
Kevin Costner played a father of a bunch of kids, in a movie, who were being bullied by some bad neighborhood kids. He then bought them, and his own kids, ice cream. His kids were shocked, saying,"Daddy, why would you do that- those kids were really MEAN to us?" He replied, it just seemed like nobody's been good to them. That's why we pray for our enemies. You might see a life redeemed. But, if nothing else, you did the right thing and God is proud of that kind of love.

Best Answer

If I forget that all are one (which is the only way that I can have an enemy), then praying for my enemies reminds me of my true nature, at which time I can rise above the (emotion) and see their perfection. It is an act of self-healing.

Best Answer

This explains it pretty well I think.<br />
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atBg9zLI2bA

Best Answer

funny.

Best Answer

My enemies put me in prison.<br />
I pray God to forgive them for they<br />
know not what they do, and for them not<br />
doing it again with other people. And,<br />
as I treat them as friends, now they<br />
become my good friends. Yes, it is<br />
hard to do this and to see good results,<br />
if we don't believe in God.

Best Answer

idk, busy thinking about how awesome your avi is

Best Answer

You have never been in the combat arms in a military with a concience.. have you?

Best Answer

that's an ideal, not often real.

Best Answer