I genuinely really don't want to say this though I think girls who allow boyfriends to have girlfriends are generally quite stupid!! And I know allow suggests it's my call or I own him- I don;t feel that way, though I don't mind him having guy friends to go out with. He sais I need to get with the times- though I don't want to change.
penny1982 penny1982 26-30, F 31 Answers Sep 14, 2012 in Intimacy

If you want him to cut back on his female friends because you yourself doesn't have any guy friends, I'm sorry but I do think it's unfair. I'm all in favor of men and women being friends..though before I'm certainly not. Now, I think it gives you healthy insights into the opposite sex. But to help you, the trick is to lay down the law without being confrontational. Tell him that you're uncomfortable with his spending so much time with the ladies and that you'd appreciate it if he would cut down. Ask nicely; you don't want to sound accusatory or jealous. Since he has so many female friends, I imagine he's tuned in to how women think, so he should be able to read between the lines and see that his stable of fillies has become an issue for you. Hopefully, he's sensitive enough to respect your wishes. However, I feel you..it's somehow makes us girls insecure but you have to keep in mind..if he liked his girl friends more than you, he wouldn't be with you obviously. :-)

Best Answer

mutual friends that we both hang out with together would be one thing. people can call me insecure all they want, but i think if you're in a committed relationship and your partner has the desire to hang out alone with someone of the opposite sex which they are not related to, you most definitely have something to be insecure about and there is a problem. i don't care who you are, we are all human and all of us are sexual beings. a committed person interacting independently of their relationship with someone of the opposite sex whatsoever is inappropriate and not something i would accept in my marriage. my husband is of the same opinion as i am. he's all the male friend i need, and vice versa.

Best Answer

My partner feels the same way... He says I am his best friend and am the only person he would talk to about personal stuff. he would be offended if I confided in anyone else, male or female. His last partner had a male best friend and she used to tell him all about every detail of everything- partner was very hurt and didnt understand why she couldnt talk to him instead! he believes male friends always end up having an alterior motive...!

Best Answer

You can either trust him or you can't. If he's going to cheat on you, monitoring or trying to limit his friends won't stop that from happening. Frankly, people who trust their partners don't try to control them.

Best Answer

that's, well, crazy... love should create harmony instead of separation from the rest of the world

Best Answer

You need to learn to trust or the relationship wont last ive been there before and trust me it doesnt end well

Best Answer

I feel you. I don't like it too but I also have guy friends and my bf don't like one of them. My friend invited me to his farewell party but my bf don't feel comfortable of me attending it. He can't attend it either. I'm so confuse and I don't want to dissappoint either of them. Who should I choose? My bf's feelings or my friend's?

Best Answer

It's uncomfortable to think of my husband sharing intimate details with another women. My trust issues arrive. Who is she telling my personal stuff too? Why does he talk to her and not me? <br />
The whole situation can lead to trouble. If my husband feels he needs to confide in others instead of working it our with me then I guess we don't have a very cozy intimate relationship. Unless you live in a commune it's no bodies business but ours. It's okay to have friends of opposite sex but there is a line you just don't cross. If its crossed then it will soon be over.

Best Answer

i think it is wrong for my boyfriend to have female friends.. it is an ongoing argument at the moment, he is inviting them to his birthday (which i refuse to go to) and he is facebooking (the girl puts 'xxxxxxx;)' and it makes me feel sick, i have decided if he does not apologise for accepting her invitation to a private chat and accepting the flirting then he can do that but cannot expect me to stay around to watch and get hurt!!!! so i totally agree with you!! totally!!!:) us women dont need some slutty ***** coming along messing us and our relationship around. rant over! whooo:)

Best Answer

I would ignore his bad behavior and keep your lips zipped. As soon as he doesn't feel like your controlling him he will stop. If he's doing it just to hurt you then move on. Try to zip your mouth first.

Best Answer

i feel the same way and my boyfriend is so crazy i dont have anyfriends because of him what should i do

Best Answer

I know how you feel,its hard to know whether hes really friends with them or not.

Best Answer

I think this is just stupid, because if you cannot trust yourself and your boyfriend to have friends of the opposite s*x, well then maybe if you both have that little commitment for eachother that the only thing keeping you two faithful is isolation from others you're not a good couple and you don't like each other that much anyway.

Best Answer

Come on. Your possessiveness is juvenile. Leave the guy alone.<br />
Of course, he's not hanging with all those female friends because he just enjoys 'sharing feelings.' No, he, like most of us, has other things on his mind.<br />
But, you will push him away faster by giving out ultimatums.

Best Answer

I think if a guy loves you enough, having no women friends would come naturally because in the past iv found they only used their so called women friends as a way to manipulate their partner through jealousy (because iv found their female friend strangely doesnt like me for some reason) then when you have a gay male friend he doesnt believe he actually is (as if your seeing someone behind his back) so whos kidding who. <br />
It all gets too complicated, this is another reson why i prefer to be single.

Best Answer

sometimes i feel like that, but i trust him so i dnt tell him such things about other girls

Best Answer

That is just bull 5hit you like to have friends you are no different

Best Answer

If i may ask, do u have one cloth only? Men are like dogs they will want 2 eat anything that comes across them. I dont think that u will find someone who will only depend on u

Best Answer

that's an unhealthy attitude to take for both your boyfriend or yourself, if hes not lusting after girl--friends that will all they will be is girl---friends someone to advise him in his problems that are going to arize with you, if you keep this attitude you will soon be by yourself and then you wont have to worrie about him having girl--friends

Best Answer

It's a hard compromise in today's society. Throughout most of history, men and women have not intermingled. Today's school and work environments of mixed genders would be outrageous if not blasphemous a few generations ago. This clip I think really sums up the situation honestly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zywIR_ZFLts . But it's inescapable, you have to hope your trust is not misplaced.

Best Answer

He have ex wife?

Best Answer