I enjoy drinking alone. About a bottle of wine, some times more. But I am doing it only during weekend (Sat. or Sun.) because I'm terribly afraid to become an alcoholic. I am doing this for many many years, It's a habit. Am I already an alcoholic?
zaibar zaibar 41-45 13 Answers May 28, 2009

I could talk alot about alcoholics, but the truth is that we all are alcoholics. I have been an alcoholic since I was a teenager, am 52 years old and I ve since friends, family, and just people in general drink just because is legal to drink. The big picture is, that our Government sells alcohol to you to make money. ether from selling it to you or by catching you drinking it. In our history people couldn't stop drinking even if we wanted to, because there will always be someone to sell it to you. (Read into way prohibition ) What I hate about our country, is that our country knows the truth about how it effect our lives, and they will lie and manipulate everybody for the purpose of profit. (Read into history of Greed) I know we all grew up having fun drinking and I just hope we all can be more educated to the causes of alcohol. Take time to read how alcohol really works in your body, because not even Doctor would tell you the truth. The bible talks about the world. Now I know why the Bible direct the word world to us. (read read

Best Answer

ok. this is gonna take a few words so bear with me. i am an alcoholic. this is something i know. i go to meetings occasionally, not a lot, but once in a while. i went every day for my first year of sobriety. i will have 2 years in july. sometimes i went to 2 or 3 meetings a day during my first year. people give different reasons on what makes a person an alcoholic. one thing that i have found that all have in common is what they call "the phenomenon of craving". if you go to a meeting you will hear a lot about being spiritually bankrupt and all kinds of other stuff about how you can't handle life. this is because most people do a lot of stupid things and totally **** up their lives before they ever get to a meeting. this may or may not be true for you. i hope it's not. anyway, back to the phenomenon of craving. all alcoholics have a physical condition that makes them unable to control their drinking once they get started. so here's a test that's very reliable. next weekend, when you're having a few beers or whatever you drink, drink enough to get a buzz just starting to go. then stop. just stop. if you have a lot of trouble, you need to give serious thought to the fact you might have a problem. if you just say **** it and go back to drinking, you definitely have a problem. i wish you well. if you decide you have a problem, and only you can, AA is a great tool to help you get sober, but i want to give you some advice you can take or leave. if you go to AA, there will people there we refer to as "AA nazis". they are so into their sobriety they get annoying. they like to latch onto newcomers and bombard them with a bunch of crap that they "have" to do. you will feel like everybody knows more than you and you have to listen to everyone in the room. this is bullshit. you are there for YOU and anyone who makes you uncomfortable or rubs you wrong, don't be shy. tell them to back off. there will be PLENTY of cool people to get to know. you will know who you need to be around. i wish you the best.

Best Answer

just weekends? then no your not, ...but if your drinking all week long then most likely you are

Best Answer

Not at all, you just enjoy a drink. As long as it doesn't change your life or affect others in a negative way, you are just fine. Enjoy your wine!

Best Answer

if you drink alone that could be a problem,but if you do drink every w/e with a group of friends and you don't have but maybe 3 at the most, then I wouldn't be worrying too much about it

Best Answer

Can you go without? I think that would be the definative answer.

Best Answer

I don't think you are. Not as of yet, anyway. An alcoholic drinks too much to the point that he cannot handle himself anymore, too often that he cannot go about his usual activities without it and finds it hard to stop the habit because he is already too dependent on it.

Best Answer

I do drink every weekend, and sometimes in between. haha, Do you drink for fun or cause you feel a need to? Do you drink alone in excess? Do u mostly drink around people? some questions to ask yourself, to help you figure it out. <br />
When I go to parties I only bring a 6-pack now. Once I run out, I run out! if someone offers me one I try to refuse, sometimes I wont and I'll have 7 or 8 beers, but whatever.<br />
I hang with some heavy drinkers. haha

Best Answer

Well, it's not good in general to get drunk, but if it's only on weekends, I guess it could be worse. An alcoholic is someone who depends on alcohol in order to function normally. Your situation doesn't sound similar to an alcoholic's.

Best Answer