To be exact, it was not being successful in a 1st year practicum placement. In the first portion of the practicum, a teacher discriminate against me and that in turn set me up for failure during the remaining few weeks of the practicum.
shaandar shaandar 31-35, F 19 Answers Apr 30, 2012

One of my teachers in nursing school was a decrepit old hag who bullied people. She took offence to the fact that I had a baby and was in nursing school. She made this quite clear and privately too with no witnesses present. She failed me in clinical placement ironically in pediatrics (children). There was little appeal available. She retired after she failed me too. Told me I should stay home and raise my baby. My husband could support us. What a *****! It cost me to repeat a whole semester as 4 courses needed to be done concurrently. I graduated with honours and showed her and other critics I was a great nurse! <br />
If you want to be a nurse, go for it. If you have no fortitude, then go elsewhere. The courses are lengthy and require focus and strength and determination and intelligence.

Best Answer

I know hey . Most of the facilitators have this attitude that makes student life in practicum miserable, I can tell you thats what has happened to me

Best Answer

my mom was a nurse. nursing is very complex and difficult. the school has to be responsible for making sure that they only graduate people who can handle it. if you speak to those in charge of the program, and they explain why you failed, will you be able to listen and learn from them?

Best Answer

good insight, thanks

Best Answer

yes and no, I firmly believe I was marked unfairly by an instructor in the first few weeks of practicum

Best Answer

If you feel a tutor has descriminated against you, see your course leader or student union for advice

Best Answer

oh they were aware something was going on, they called it a clash of two personalities

Best Answer

You have to give more information on why you feel you should not have failed. As a nurse myself I could not have managed the time when a student to have such a busy EP profile. That was the first thought as I viewed your profile. Are you sure that your time management skills are up to par? These are essential nursing skills.

Best Answer

Such judgement from somebody in a profession that is supposed to be nonjudgemental.

Best Answer

You can appeal. Show them that you really want to be a nurse. I was a CNA for a few years. Prove to them that you belong there. You can do it! How do you know they will be asking you to withdraw? Good luck and I hope do good. Keep your head up. :)

Best Answer

thanks for that koolkatjossie, it's appreciated.

Best Answer

If you failed one class, and you feel that the grade was undeserved, every school has a board of appeals.

Best Answer

not for practicum placements, I seriously doubt that

Best Answer

Didn't you? Why did you then?

Best Answer

Why do you think you failed, then?

Best Answer

That doesn't sound right. Why can't you take that one coarse again?

Best Answer

still waiting to hear the details, they won't be revealed until later next week. Thanks for asking.

Best Answer

hi i am wondering what will happen here i failed my last week of pracitcum but i have passed all the rest i have take it for appeal do you think i will have to redo my pracitcum or it will be waved or i just wont get my ticket at all

Best Answer

don't think that these things just happen and it's not personal<br />
it is personal, they just don't like you<br />
hey, welcome to the real world ;-o<br />
with my respect, from robbie

Best Answer

what you're saying is true

Best Answer

i'm glad you feel able to accept it... and then accept that the problem is not your's...it is their's.... and they fail to get to know you andfail to appreciate what you bring into the world... with respect, from robbie

Best Answer

Then become a chiropractor... lol, just kidding all you voodoo back crackers

Best Answer