Everything you experience will affect you in one way or another. If you feel things are carrying over from a past relationship - talk it out with your significant other. Don't play the avoidance game.

Best Answer

Try not to worry too much, for starters. Your bf knows that you were in an abusive relationship before, correct? If he doesn't, you need to just mention that and tell him that you don't mean to take his jokes so seriously all the time, and you hope he can understand that it's your past that makes you react that way, and you hope he can help you overcome it. With any luck, instead of driving him away, it will help to bring you closer together.

Best Answer

It will affect you -without you even knowing it . I am 55 and it taught me never to trust-so Iam alone agin. Enjoying it.

Best Answer

I also was in a very abusive relationship for 10 years. Its hard to recover from that. I tried dating afterwards but found I have issues trusting men to not hurt me. Don't be like me. I no longer date because of it. Maybe some day we will figure out how to put all that passed us.

Best Answer

Tell him the truth, tell him that in your past relationship you were abused and that is why you are sensitive

Best Answer