I can relate to what you feel, but don't dwell over it too much. I mean yeah, you feel sad about it, but you seem too focused on it. Distract yourself, do something you enjoy, join a club that interests you, be around people and don't shy away from meeting new people. <br />
You feel awkward and nervous around him because you like him a lot, and that's normal. <br />
There's nothing wrong with you, and most probably your social skills are fine, especially if you have at least one friend. Just keep in mind that guys are shy too, even if it seems that's not the case. Give it time. And for the time being distract yourself from this :)

Best Answer

Thanks lots. I will put this into practice and I'm really hoping things will get better for me.

Best Answer

things will get better, believe me :)

Best Answer

I understand how you feel. Im 48 and cant seem to find the right one. Ive been single almost my whole life and i know its partly my fault cause when i was younger i had any guy I wanted and I just played around hurting people and just thought I'd find a guy. I do meet a guy once in a while but they don't want a serious relationship they want to have fun (meaning sex only) which is not what I want. whats weird is people around me get single then before you know it they find someone and move in together and get married and im like what the heck? why isnt that happening for me? They are now happy and im still single. I don't get that. I dont feel horrible but I feel sad when i see this. So your not alone.

Best Answer

heck, I'm 48 and in the same boat. It hurts, but you still have lots of time to find someone. Just relax and enjoy your life.

Best Answer

I feel horrible when I see baby kittens being tortured

Best Answer

Ugly and fat = deserves to be alone. Not that bad looking = doesn't deserve to be alone. Perhaps those equations go some way to answering your question.

Best Answer

Im just saying its people who are less likely to find someone. Because nowadays, most people only look at that. Im not saying they deserve to be alone because im not talking about friendships.. AND, they dont deserve to be alone. Youre right.

Best Answer

@expo67: oh wow, really? how nice, really nice

Best Answer

Thanks!

Best Answer

It sucks doesn't it? I went to a friends birthday party yesterday and saw him and his wife (Whom I liked long before them two even met) just having a great time together.<br />
There could be some reasons as to why you may not be finding the relationship you're looking for. Ask yourself sometimes if you give off a very negative impression of life when around people, especially guys you're interested in. <br />
Second, it should NOT take so much effort to have a simple, meaningful conversation with the guy you fancy. Try to relax, strike any simple opener such as "Hey, I'm Anisse. What's your name and how's your day/night going?". If the guy doesn't answer or isn't a good conversational person, then KNOW that it's not your fault! Remember guys can be shy (like myself), arrogant or just plain sour with pretty much anyone, so don't blame yourself! And if there's something you felt you said that was embarassing then give yourself a pat on the back, laugh in your head and say "Just a little mistake but nothing I can't laugh over". Practice positive mindsets. <br />
If this helps, I'd kill to have more women in the world be like you: An easy going person who is willing to strike and make conversation with a guy. I hardly seem to manage that with most women because they can be difficult and defensive. You strike me as a woman who's not like that and trust me, more guys than not will appreciate you more, even if you say something embarassing :).<br />
Take it easy, trust in yourself!

Best Answer

I loved this. Thank you soooo much!!! Wouldn't anyone want to get to know you?!

Best Answer

Glad my comment helped :). Sometimes they do and sometimes they dont. Some people tend to have a bad habit of judging others by their social skills. Again just know, if people are proving hard to talk to, just know they are mostly the problem. I tried talking to a couple at that birthday party. They were from my small hometown as well and I couldnt get them to answer simple open ended questions. Their attitudes were very close minded. Not saying its their fault but its a common problem in modern society. Im sure youd agree. Play it cool Anisse, ill be one to listen to you, even if something silly comes out of your words lol.

Best Answer

Loose yourself in the service of others..........things will happen when you least expect it

Best Answer