Any suggestions at all- thanks! And I do write them quite regularly for school, but have not really gotten any useful feedback recently. Thanks!
scatterheart scatterheart 13-15, F 15 Answers Nov 14, 2012 in Education

before writing the essay divid it into 3 parts introduction,explanation(advantages & disadvantages),conclusion.<br />
plan before writing how much you have to write and use some best words it increases your essay value.

Best Answer

Ask your teacher what you can do to improve.<br />
If the answer is not satisfactory, ask who consistently gets the best marks.<br />
Then approach that person and say, can you look at my essay and see where I'm going wrong? Would you let me read one of yours to see what it is you do that works so well?<br />
When you use someone else's idea, say so and put the reference in your bibliography. <br />
When an idea is wholey yours, say so; own it and explain how you arrive at it.

Best Answer

First paragraph should hold your main idea and three subjects of support then the closure.<br />
Body is each paragraph with your support topics and your explanation for each. Closing sentence for the body should loop back to your main idea. Closing paragraph should reiterate all your ideas and how they affect it. Last sentence should restate main idea.<br />
Wrote b grade college papers the morning of with this formula. Have fun.

Best Answer

Ask help from teachers...maybe a tutor?

Best Answer

Write the themes you wish to convey,Do an outline of how you want to present them,do a rough draft,and don't forget the importance of the topic sentence...The Elements Of Style,referenced earlier is a good reference for anybody who regularly writes.Good Luck.

Best Answer

read a lot.

Best Answer

read good essays

Best Answer

Strunk and White - Elements of Style<br />
It's short and concise and I'm certain it will help but don't take it as gospel and try to develop your own style

Best Answer

Thank you. I've got a copy, I'll take a look over it again.

Best Answer

I heard that "Eat, shoots, and leaves" is a good book too but I haven't read it myself (which I should). But, either way, you might want to check it out. Good luck!

Best Answer

Know what you're talking about... haha

Best Answer

General advice like that is hard to come up with... Maybe an example essay will help.

Best Answer

I agree with that - English is difficult to teach.

Best Answer

"A Writer's Reference" by Diane Hacker. Buy it. It will help you all the way through college.

Best Answer

Thanks

Best Answer

Message one to me and I'll take a look at it if you'd like. I took the 400 level college writing classes just for fun. I didn't need any more English credit. lol

Best Answer

Thanks, I'll take you up on that. I've got quite a bit of writing, but I'm almost embarrassed I feel they've gotten so poor. Nevertheless, I'll send you something.

Best Answer

Yes...cut back on your texting and read some GOOD books!

Best Answer

I rarely text. Yes, I need to read some good books. I haven't found anything challenging yet interesting to read since Eragon. Have any suggestions? I'm this close to digging through my father's shelves and reading the likes of Freakonomics and highly intellectual recordings of the building of the atomic bomb.

Best Answer