Next Wednesday I have a hearing conserning a order of protection, that I had to ask for when I had to run away from my abusive ex-boyfriend. Since he wasn't present when I asked for the order of protection, we have this hearing to see whether it will be extended or not. I feel terrified. Having to face him again, narrate all he did to me, probably seeing him lying, facing a judge, etc. Have anyone gone through this that could tell me a bit about it?
asa8308 asa8308 26-30, F 8 Answers Apr 18, 2010

Get someone to go with you

Best Answer

Don't hide your feelings of being terrified in court. That will work to your advantage. Take someone with you to court. If you can afford it, call a security agency and hire a bouncer. Control freaks are hard to intimidate but not impossibly so. Also keep in mind your long term safety. You may just have to disappear yourself to keep your ex from finding you.

Best Answer

sorry no simp u will be in court what can he do and get a gun shoot the a hole if comes near u again

Best Answer

Call the office of the District Attorney and ask to speak to the domestic violence specialist. Most communites have Batterer's Treatment Programs, Women's Shelter's and Attorney's who represent victims of DV pro per (Free); the DA or local probation office can refer you.

Best Answer

Take a big dude like a bouncer to bounce his *** if he gets out of line with you !

Best of luck sweetie !

Best Answer

Sounds like a big screen show, with a ticket involved. Must be a different sort of citation they are going to issue. Sometimes error of judgment makes a lighter scene to the situation. A psychiatrist might be able to go with you to court to testify or speak with you prior.

Best Answer

I haven't gone through this at all but I really wish you all the luck in the world.. It may be hard to see him again but just tell it like it is and it should be extended so you don't have to worry about him anymore. Try not to be too worried about it, it will all be over with soon =)..

Best Answer