lanacat lanacat 18-21, F 14 Answers Jul 23, 2012

are you thinking too much these days. or sudden increase in caffeine intake ?

Best Answer

Life is wrong with you... and you have my sympathy! I spent years and years battling this what you speak of. Finally I went to see a doctor and the most helpful thing he told me was that there was no way I could be getting as little sleep as I said and still function so I went through 3 sleep studies to prove exactly what I was telling him so they wanted to treat me for sleep apnea, which the tests proved I didn't have - but it was the only answer they had, so they wanted to make it fit. <br />
Melatonin can help you fall asleep, but it hasn't done much to help me stay asleep. Tylenol PM (or any of the PM's) and thank goodness, some of the companies like Nyquil are finally just putting the sleep medicine out there by itself so you don't have to ingest all the other medicine you don't need for the tiny portion you do. Valerian is also supposed to be helpful, though I have not found it helps much. There is a bottled beverage sold in the States called NeuroSleep, that helps a lot too. But whatever works, vary it with other stuff because it won't work if you use it every night. Try meditation before going to bed as it helps clear your mind of stuff you are worried about that you might not even be consciously aware of... Try setting into an evening routine... Use white noise in the bedroom (a soundmachine (waves, waterfall... or even just a fan) but don't fall asleep to the TV as the commercials are geared to get your attention if you are in another room, etc., and will certainly pull you out of dream land.<br />
When I was younger, I could drink a pot of coffee and drift right off to sleep, but as I have gotten older, I find I can't drink it after noon without it affecting my sleep. If you work out within hours of going to bed, try working out earlier. Chocolate can also be a stimulant. Worrying about falling asleep can make it harder for you to sleep, so if you get in bed, and find you cannot sleep, get back out of bed. I found myself always waking up to look at the clock to see how long I had been sleeping! Remember quality over quantity and you may need to cat nap if you are not able to sleep at night. Power naps can be as refreshing as long sleeps, but the trick is not to sleep too long or you will just be more tired. Also, if possible, try to get in synch with your natural rhythm, if you are a morning, evening whatever person. We all have natural times that we sleep better,so try to sleep at those times.<br />
Hope something helps.

Best Answer

Thanks!! :)

Best Answer

insomnia

Best Answer

I've got the same thing, feeling tired all the time and unable to rest...<br />
It's called Insomnia.<br />
A lot of people have it...<br />
Mostly occurs from stress or traumatic things in past... or maybe you've just got a lot on your mind<br />
I can't take sleeping pills... they work...but I feel TERRIBLE in the morning when I wake up... almost like a zombie..<br />
I just smoke some pot, a bowl or two, helps me sleep like a baby all night and I feel refreshed when I wake up. :)

Best Answer

I don' think anything is wrong you just need a lil help, I drink 5 stage sleep shot and OMG it kicks my butt!!!!! it puts me to sleep within like 30 minutes and i get to sleep all night :)<br />
i think the web gives a free sample www.5stagesleepshot.com<br />
hope it helps u like it helps me<br />
sara lee :)

Best Answer

feeling tired all the time is not normal...see doctor

Best Answer

No way!!! They'll just tell me that I'm depressed. Or that I'm seeking attention.

Best Answer

too much coffee or surgery drinks and sweets? maybe not enough exercise through out the day?

Best Answer

Could be. I am at college all day.

Best Answer

Are you depressed?

Best Answer

No, and my stress level is about the same as it has been since college started. :(

Best Answer

Have your blood levels checked. When was the last time you had a medical exam?

Best Answer

some times reading a book will help me fall asleep. If I just need to settle my mine. Then there have been nights when the book was really good and I looked at the clock and it was 7am. Good thing I work 2nd shift.

Best Answer

You're restless

Best Answer