Attached=attacked my mother was walking our puppy at night. I check on her when the neighbors dog comes out of their house and approaches us. I shield my mom and our puppy from the neighbors dog that began to start biting and jumping at me. I try to get away and sprain ankle cause it ran into back of my legs causing me to trip. question: Mom wants to press charges what do you think ?
LegacyX LegacyX 16-17, M 11 Answers Nov 13, 2012 in Parenting & Family

If the dog that attack you was loose due to lack of owner attention and not by accident then yes I proceed with pressing charges...... if you do not follow through with taking the right steps then the next person this dog attacks may not be as lucky.

Best Answer

i think you should, regardless if you were hurt seriously or not. you don't want those people to think that this is just a petty accident that didn't result in anything major. five years from now that dog may be dead, and they may have replaced it with a breed much more dangerous (in terms of size, breed type, or temper), and the same incident may happen but to someone else, and the outcome may be much more severe. <br />
my family follows this rule: if it's not on a leash when it should be (cat, dog, raccoon, parakeet, and the like), it is to be considered a wild animal and treated as such. <br />
we've had to enforce that rule many times (with a swift kick or punch to the face) when an unleashed dog has run up to our dog and tried to attack.

Best Answer

Yes definitely take some legal action against the owner, and that attacking dog should be put down mandatorially.

Best Answer

Yes! Press charges if the two of you cannot come to a plausible agreement/ coverage of medical bills, etc.

Best Answer

Your question doesn't make any sense!<br />
You became attached to a dog protecting your mother and a puppy you had with your mom? Who is your mom going to sue, if it's her puppy? I don't get it! But, in any case, your mom should be ashamed of herself!

Best Answer

Spelling error only part I was trying to ask the question in as little words as possible. Attached=attacked/ it was a neighbors dog.

Best Answer

If you were attacked by a dog shielding your mom and your puppy, who is your mom going to sue if it's her dog and puppy? She can't sue herself!

Best Answer

I shielded mother and puppy from neighbors dog. (like I said before tryed to make question short. Didn't know I made that many confusing mistakes so sorry for the inconvenience.)

Best Answer

Yes, if it were your dog and someone else, chances are that you'd have charges pending against you. <br />
I was attacked by a dog because I walked by and thought he was beautiful and wanted to talk to it... I reported it, still have scars, but doctor bills were paid for and the dog was observed for any sort of dog heebie jeebies....<br />
Do it for your own well being

Best Answer

Well you really don't follow the safety rules for animals do you.

Best Answer

Huh?

Best Answer