messedupmylife messedupmylife 22-25 21 Answers Jun 19, 2009

Yes...just don't put them on your application, or resume....they are likely to tell them you stole from them...<br />
And get some counseling for your sticky fingers.

Best Answer

Former employers can only say that you worked there by law, not what you did or didn't do. <br />
If the police got involved then you will have to say something on the application cause you can get fired for not disclosing that.<br />
Hopefully you won't steal again cause you may not be so lucky the next time.

Best Answer

Yes, but depending on the state and with whom you are trying to get your next job from, some companies do background checks and have access to your employment history. Just FYI.

Best Answer

You would be better off telling the truth.....For if you do not....and you are hired....and it is found out later...then you can be fired with cause.....You lied to get the job...And that would count you out of the running for unemployment ins.<br />
Not only that....But you would always be wondering when and if....and that would affect your performance as an employee.... It is always better to tell the truth....ANd if they hire you..Well at least you know that they trust you now....But be ready to take a job that does not handle money...For at least a bit that is...The truth will always get you farther in the long run...<br />
But if you are in Ca. your employer can only tell them that you were let go for just cause....Nothing else....You were luck that the did not bring in the cops....Make sure that it is the last time....Or the cops will come in...and haul you off to jail.....and then where wpould you be...

Best Answer

Yes you can. However, you as others have said should not use that job as a reference and don't list it on your resume'. You are going to have to explain the 'gap' in your resume'. Also, lesson learned I assume? I must admit had I been your boss I would have called the police to ensure you had a criminal record which WOULD show up in a background check.

Best Answer

yes but you have to lie!...do as unicorn59 says...people have done much worse...dont knock yourself.

Best Answer

Well if I am not mistaken in the U.S. the only thing that a previous employer is allowed to say is whether or not you are eligible for re-hire with that business. Hope you learned a valuable lesson.

Best Answer

You can if you sincerely repent.

Best Answer

2 wrongs does not make it right, now you have 2 lie 2 cover the stealing. once you start these patterns it causes alot of problems you don't want or need. what did you steal 4 anyway? what ever the reason i'm sure it wasn't worth it

Best Answer

Run for Congress

Best Answer

I Hope Not!!

Best Answer

Not with me.. sorry.

Best Answer

I agree with unicorn59 and thehippy. Although, as thehippy says - don't knock yourself too much. It can't have been too large an amount of money if your ex-employer didn't get the Police involved. I just hope that it wasn't your only ever job...

Best Answer

Add a response...

Best Answer