EmpressLya EmpressLya 26-30, F 15 Answers Feb 8, 2013 in Single Parenthood

make sure you pick up your child on time from now on

Best Answer

I try but when I leave school the traffic is crazy.

Best Answer

Leave as early as you can or have a back up plan.

Best Answer

just call them in advance if your gonna be late.Make sure you have good reasons as well.And and for the principal...dont worry about them,its there job man and comes with the territory

Best Answer

I explained to the principal at the begining of the school year my situation. She was ok with it but I guess the workers don't want to stay the few minutes. I was going to leave this state because it was so expensive but I was so close to finishing school that I chose to stay I think that I may leave after this school year.

Best Answer

Why should they have to stay late everyday when it is your kid, it is not like they are getting paid extra. Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on their part. They have things they would rather do than sit around and wait for you. Being taken advantage of by an absentee parent was most likely not in their job description.

Best Answer

Are you even a parent. People have situations in life that can be complicated. And from going to your page I can see that you have serious issues and came here to comment because you want me to feel as miserable as you feel. I would usually not attack you but you are being a witch. I am a single mother I am trying and for a lot of us in the health field this problem arises. I know a nurse who went through it and got told by the judge to get another job she is a nurse.

Best Answer

You don't know the whole story..read through all the comments
She's not a bad mother

Best Answer

Its not like shes showin up late because she partying, she workin her *** off with not much help. can you understand that?

Best Answer

My comment got deleted for some reason. Are you even a parent? And do you know what the definition of absentee parent even means. My kid is number one in the class and I went to your profile and I see that you have some serious issues and chose to comment because you want me to feel as horrible as you seem to feel. Sorry hun not gonna work. This is not yahoo comments so take your hate somewhere else. I usually would not attack you but your were being nasty for no real reason. I put this up for advice not some snide remark from some emotionally stunted human being. Take a sip of tea and chill.

Best Answer

Thank you both. I went to her profile she is not a parent and is on meds so she is just unstable. It still does not give her the right. All I do is school work home. I just recently bought some clothes for myself after 5yrs. I have always put her first. She was in extra stuff. I just could not afford it anymore but things will change soon.

Best Answer

ive got two toddlers and one infant ..i know the deal..u welcome

Best Answer

Yeah really... No offense but maybe you need to be more responsible or get the kiddo into aftercare if getting there on time is an issue... Why would you leave your kid hanging out wondering where you are repeatedly? Lots of places have aftercare that's affordable... Talk to your school about what the options are...

Best Answer

I did and I don't know where you live but there is no free aftercare 350 and up. I asked for help don't you people think that I have tried every avenue. I am on a waiting list for assistance since Sept. I only get financial aide for school nothing else. I am a single parent.

Best Answer

Hey I ain't knocking ya... Single mom myself, but I have a sister who can always help out... And I didn't say it was free... Why are you late? Work? School? I just mean your kiddo has to come first... What's worse lose your kid or lose your job? Cause that's what CPS is going to do, it's just the harsh reality... Those peeps don't care too much about issues and problems. They think everyone is perfect...
You don't have family, friends anyone you could count on to at least pick your kid up and keep them until you get there? Or drop them off somewhere? Heck maybe you and another mom can split days??? Gotta make a change is all I'm saying...

Best Answer

I wish I could write down what I have been through with family help. My sister is with her husband that abuses and controls her. She is not allowed to help me. Only him and his family. It was a big thing. He was mad that we did not donate a kidney to him. I was late because of work. Now I hardly work now I was late because of one class. I did not factor in traffic when I took the class and I honestly did not think that it was a big deal since the school bus kids were still there. But it is. I have a friend that has a sister and they share responsibilities together and they have a nice life for it. My family not so close. I have family members that are doing very good in life and won't help anyone. That is just how my family is. Grandparents dead, no dad. Its just me. Im not all sorry me. Things are not that bad I make due and me and my kids have a happy time together its just hard when these things come up. I don't have a leave it to Beaver life. I have more of a Madea movie life minus abuse from spouse. I don't really deal with a lot of people because I do not like drama.

Best Answer

You must be pretty late since most buildings have teachers and principals who stay well after dismissal.

Best Answer

I can tell you that where I grew up and went to school 30 minutes after the last car rider and you were still at the office parents were called, 15 minutes later police were called... They don't fool around in the elementary schools in some states...

Best Answer

They do and when I pick her up the bus kids are still there. I did not think that it was a big deal but I guess it is. I think that they don't want other parents to do it and want us to pay the 400 a month to the Y

Best Answer

Im not 30 min late anymore I am 20 tops but you dont get your child until 10 minutes after they say its time to pick them up.

Best Answer

Schools should make provision for parents who can't pick up there children on time I mean anything can happen from the time you leave work ask them to put there threat in writing so that you can reply to them ask them to find a workable solution if they don't want to seek help from others in your position and go to the media

Best Answer

Who is going to pay the person who "makes the provision?" Why is it okay to assume that someone else should take responsibilty? I don't mind doing an occasional favor but, your kids, your responsibility.

Best Answer

i assume you are a teacher, if you are thank God my child was not in your care with that attitude, secondly its those hardworking parents rushing from work who pays your salary

Best Answer

I have to admit, I laughed and laughed. You think I do not have my own children that I have to pick up? Yet, you expect me to stay to watch other's? If I only put in 6.5 hours a day, I could see your gripe about salary, but in reality, I arrive at work at 7am and leave at 5pm. Today is Sunday and I will be spending about 3 hours preparing for the week. I take classes (paid for by me) all summer and must renew my license (paid for by me). I tutor after school for FREE two days a week. I don't have a bad attitude until I feel I am being taken for granted. My students and parents love me and the job I do for their children. I love them whole-heartedly and it shows. I am only in my 7th year of teaching and I make FAR, FAR less than I did in the business world, AND I work a lot harder now to make certain I do a fantastic job than I did in business!
In reality, I make just over minimum wage. I am an educated woman who gives her best. Why do people think I owe them more? If a parent calls and needs a 'provision,' yeah, I would make it. But to assume that it is okay because they "pay my salary" is very sad and very unfair.
Oh, and by the way, may I have a pay raise?

Best Answer

you choose your career so stop bitching about we didnt tell you to take a career that pays you just over the min wage dont you think we in the businness world also get taken for granted go home put the kids to bed work on a deadline. At least im gratefull you could see in my sons teachers her love and dedication for her kids and job. If you dont like it get out.

Best Answer

So, because You pay me, I am at your beck and call 24/7 to watch your kid?
Who said I didn't love my job? Go back and reread. What I don't love is being taken advantage of because you "pay my salary!"

Best Answer

I don't know about the teachers but the principals and superintendants of school make a boat load of money. Maybe more needs to go to the children. In one town I heard of one making a couple hundred thousand dollars a year. I don't know how the educational system works. When I finish school I plan on starting an organization to help parents like me. The there won't be a worry about who will pay for it.

Best Answer

THY I asked her for the letter and I am going to send it to some social service agencies to get some assistance. I wanted to avoid getting too much goverment help but if the goverment will be used against me for trying to save them money then I will just do that. I appreciate you defending me. And I will get there early even if I have to lose the class. I'm already barely working.

Best Answer

Your child's welfare is most important right now. You have to leave school earlier or arrange for someone to pick her up. You may have to ask a family member even though you don't get along. Sometimes you have to be on friendly terms with family or friends/kiss arse to survive in this world.

Best Answer

Your childs welfare, is more important, than your school. You should have considered that, before enroling in school. Hopefully, you can work something out with your school, to allow you to pick him up at his school.

Best Answer

The job that I got was the only one that I could find because you don't need a degree. When you are low income things are just hard. Being a parent is hard.

Best Answer

You are correct. Life, and being a parent, is hard. I have been where you are. I didn't give up on myself, or my responsibilities, and I am proud of the result.
I wish you every success, in your journey through life.

Best Answer

Why are u consistently late and how late?

Best Answer

I use to be 30 min late beacause I could not leave work. I found someone to pick her up but she flaked and never picked her up. So I reduced my hours to the bare minimum. But I have one class that leaves late and I am usually 10 to 15 minutes late.

Best Answer

Perhaps you need to appeal to the school board. or change schools Or have another mum pick her up for you, in return for a baby sit.

Best Answer

10 to 15 minutes, 30 minutes is nothing
I would suggest to change school if possible they are giving you too much of a hard time.

Best Answer

Im thinking of just moving down south. I think that it might be easier down there.

Best Answer

Build a support system.Make arrangements with friends or family( ahead of time)to be on stand by in case you have to work late. Maybe you can befriend another mother in your child's class & do the same for her if she needs it. You don't want to complicate your life more by involving CPS.

Best Answer

I'm gonna think of something. Trust me I tried that. My few friends are too busy my mom is not helpful at all. Her father wants nothing to do with her. I found a young girl to help me but she decided to not pick her up then call me an hour later asking me where the school that she walks by everyday is. This lady was bringing her in the morning and she was late almost everyday and they were complaining about that so I changed my work schedule. I make a lot less and I have to work so hard.

Best Answer

Is there any way you can transfer your child to a school closer to your work/school, where you won't have to deal with the traffic?

Best Answer

Unless CPS has nothing at all to do the school is responsible for your child. Keep in mind they have to have huge evidence like it is every day that it is happening. Further, the school would have to call the police first. Your kid is more important than your school.

Best Answer

I see how you could say that but right now we are pretty poor and if I don't finish this school. Soon I will be living in the streets. I put school on hold for many years now I am back because I want more for her and me. We are living on the bare minimum. I am not on welfare and I was doing pretty good til they put her in a new school that leaves real early due to zoning. I don't know. I would quit school but I would have to pay all that money back and we would be poor and poor black people don't have many options in this life without and education. I guess next semester I could take out a huge loan to pay for childcare while I am in school. They count childcare as a reason for a loan.

Best Answer

No loans...no

Best Answer

Actually, CPS might be able to assist you depending on where you reside. They may have a "proactive" child care program. Instead of reactive when they put your girl into the system. Also, you might contact a private child advocacy agency seeking legal assistance. If the child's schedule was upset due to relocation you might be able to get her zoned back to the old school. School boards run from legal challenges in most cases. Good Luck

Best Answer

Thanks

Best Answer

Tell him to shove it and that you cant afford it, and that there is no possiable way you can do that and afford to put your child into school..

Best Answer

I don't think they would really care... It's only their responsibility to keep kids until a certain time and after that they are going to either contact the parents or the police...

Best Answer

So you have to get some one else to pick them up or get them to wait some where are walk some where with some one you can trust

Best Answer

So her child should be left out unattended? Who's responsible then? The school, yet it is truly the patent who needs to work something out. This parent isn't the only one who has to figure something out. I did. Why can't she?

Best Answer

make arrangements for your child to be picked up after school <br />
you really dont want to have to deal with cps because once u are in thier files your life wont be the same ever again

Best Answer

its ok, just wait n see

Best Answer