There are a few options. I could address the letter to the CEO "and team" to indicate that I recognize the chain of command. Since I was introduced to the second interviewer only with his first name and it's still too early to be on a first-name basis with them, I could just address the first interviewer by his last name and leave it at that. By first, I mean he and I have been in contact via email for a few days. As far as I know, short of Googling "*@domain.com," there isn't much I can do to find out who this other guy might be because they don't have a very active online presence. Thoughts or other ideas?
Triundi Triundi 26-30, M 9 Answers Nov 28, 2012 in Community

No!!!! Simply call the Human Resources Manager of the company, and explain that you wish to make sure that all of the interviewers' names are spelled correctly. Surely, the HR manager will be aware of your interview, and which of the various company personnel interviewed you!<br />
Cheers and good luck,<br />
AnonymousButCandid

Best Answer

Niceeeeeee.

Best Answer

How would you go about indicating which one who needed to be reminded of? He's a very heavyset guy and I wouldn't want to come off as "hey, what's the fat guy's name again?"

Best Answer

No problem ... just have them spell the first and last names of everyone that was scheduled to interview you. This is because you tell the HR manager that this position is VERY important for you, and that you want to make the BEST impression of any potential candidate! Cheers ..... AnonymousButCandid

Best Answer

I would send the thank you letter to the person you've been in contact with for 3 days and mention the other interviewers name in the letter to that person. They introduced themselves that way, that's all you have to go on, unless you look it up. If you look it up, it might show you have more interest in the position than they might had thought you did.

Best Answer

Simple, people are subject to errors. Call back to the interviewer you know, simplly ask, what is the other person names. Be happy about it, and say their name slip your mind. Next time take notes, always call the person name out so you can here it. Helpful, this is what I do. BEST WISHES, Hope you get the position!

Best Answer

Would have helped, if they provided business cards. They can't expect you to remember names without it.

Best Answer

If they have a website, look up the names or just put, "to everyone involved in the interviewing process" or something to that effect...

Best Answer

Call and ask the secretary for their names.

Best Answer

They don't have one actually. I had to call him to be let into the office at all.

Best Answer

Ooh. That's a tough one. You may not be able to personalize it then--like "Dear Hiring Committee"

Best Answer

Call the Gatekeeper. Probe her/him for the information. Being upfront and candid that you just interviewed, they'll tell you more than you can imagine ...

Best Answer

Consult with their receptionist or secretary. Say that you had an interview and are inquiring about the correct spelling of their names.

Best Answer

They don't have one, but I'll give their HR a call instead.

Best Answer

Yo!! Dudes!!

Best Answer

To be fair, the guy's LinkedIn profile picture totally makes him look like a surfer.

Best Answer

Hmmm. Pizza and "special brownies" might just do the trick. You could get hired on the spot.....unless it's a CIA job.

Best Answer