Maybe she's sick of you're poor grammar, lack of emotional maturity, and bad judgement. It's funny how you mention she's 13 years old. I just have to say, even though you'll probably ignore this, when you do eventually "discipline" her, I can already tell she's not going to appreciate and learn from an eye-for-an-eye treatment. Maybe you can talk it out with her[surprising advice, I know] with a professional[gasp] like a therapist in a reasonable way, you know, as if she is a person. Use "I-messages", like, "I feel", not "You are the cause of this!". Also, re-evaluate how you stand in the household and your relationship with her father. Perhaps it's not as perfect as one may think it is.

Best Answer

Well, I think it may be a talk to your man or leave it situation.<br />
She isn't going to respond well to another figure coming into her life with authority, and you obviously don't get along well, so as a step parent I advise against disciplining his kids.<br />
He needs to handle her. And it sounds like it may become an ultimatim. Just remember she was there before you and has her own issues. Either get your man to deal with it or bounce. And consider safe sex

Best Answer

She and i get along fine. i've been in her life for years, girls days, school events, holidays birthdays, taught her what to do when her first cycle came, where babies come from,talks about boys, sex, drugs and various other things. why considering safe sex is an issue i don't know? is there something wrong with falling in love getting married, having children and then losing your spouse to death? that's what happened to both my boyfriend and myself. Funny i asked for help, not bashing but i guess thats what happens when you ask faceless strangers for opinions. it is what it is. thanks for your response.

Best Answer