Warm salt water...gargle / not swallow

Best Answer

Okay thanks i'm about to try it...What does salt do?

Best Answer

salt kills germs by removing the fluid from the bacteria ( in short it dries them out) ...thats why meat used to preserved by using salt

Best Answer

Salt warm water gargle, frequently.

Best Answer

nutrition and vitamin c, exercise,and plenty of sleep

Best Answer

Gargle salt water.

Best Answer

I am so sorry, love :( You could try eating soft fruits for a few days, like peaches, oranges, etc so it won't irritate your throat too much.

Best Answer

everyone's different but usually i've found that hot drinks feel good on a viral sore throat and cold drinks feel good on a bacterial sore throat. (in fact, that's one of the ways i guess which kind it is) i know it can hurt so much! try popsicles - but the healthy "real fruit" kind can be irritating to the sore throat because of the acid. so you can use ice & regular popsicle til the pain subsides, then healthy stuff later for the vitamins. if hot drinks feel good, though, they can help clear your nose. breathe the steam while you drink. good luck!

Best Answer

kills the bacteria

Best Answer

This is another vote for honey-just eat it right off the spoon. Eat a tablespoon all at once (it's a little overwhelmingly sweet) and don't drink anything for at least 20 minutes afterward.

Best Answer

By now you are feeling better, I expect. But for the future.....That's what my Polish husband always says (take spoon of honey) too! It helps, but not for very long. Warm salt water, as above, gargle, not to drink.
But you can drink chicken bullion soup, or "tea." Mix one cup of hot water with one square cube, let it cool a little. You don't want drinks very hot nor very cold. Sip that.
I wouldn't want anything acidic, like oranges or even orange juice.
Keep taking in all the good fluids you can. Mix some of the berry juices with some water. Also sports drinks will be good, because they rehydrate you better than just water. You can also mix them with some water, if they seem too sweet.

Best Answer

Get blind drunk.

Best Answer

I'm 15 and my moms home... maybe tomorrow night ;)

Best Answer

I didn't know she was 15...... :o /

Best Answer

i used to kill the pain with alcohol just until i could drag my @ss to the doctor ;)

Best Answer

White tea has been found to (a) be antibacterial, (b) to increase immune response, and (c) to lower inflammation.<br />
It has also been found to taste yummy with a lot of raw honey and about 3 drops of essential peppermint oil in it...raw honey is antibacterial, peppermint oil is antibacterial/anti-inflammatory, and all of that tends to cut congestion.

Best Answer

google Earth Clinic. com. there's lots of things you can try to reduce your discomfort. I've never tryed warm salt water gargle on a bacterial infection but it does help on a viral infection.

Best Answer

The old fashioned remedy is honey and lemon. Put then in warm, not hot water. The lemon cuts the flem and the honey soothes the throat. Also be careful to not breathe through your mouth as that dries the tissues and makes them more painful.

Best Answer

I have a blocked nose :/ but thanks (:

Best Answer

Sorry, hope you feel better soon.

Best Answer

I always use Cepacol spray for a sore throat---it's a mild anesthetic.

Best Answer