....I was only made aware of this on Thursday, when she was off, and she came back in on Friday. At one rare moment, when the class were silent, she screamed at her twin brother, in Greek, that she was going to kill him. She's never, ever done this before. I don't know what to expect, I don't know how to react. Her parents said they will have a referral from their doctor within the week, but need to carry on as normal as possible. It happened this time last year when she was stressed. They saw someone in their native country, Greece, and said it happens when she is stressed. No one, not even the school psychologist has noticed any signs of stress. She has sometimes scowled when there was no reason too, as in no one was outwardly bothering her or she was doing fine with her work, sometimes she spoke to herself, but this is a child thing to do. How do I go about with this now until the referral?
MrsLalaninjacakes MrsLalaninjacakes 26-30, F 13 Answers Oct 17, 2010

That's schizophrenia. I see a lot of that at the program houses I service. It can be medicated and put into submission, but I think the side effects are pretty stupefying. I've heard some bad bad stories about the things these poor people end up doing to themselves at the urging of these destructive voices. She must be so scared :-(

Best Answer

Talk to her. Let her know that you understand (even if you don't) and that you would like to help if she will let you. Think of her as though she is you, pretend it is you that is the one hearing voices... you'll be able to help when you actually start to care. To me it seems like you want to avoid her like the plague. That is not going to help her at all... this is a very young consciousness that is dealing with something that it really can't deal with on its own. Guide her like you should any other child in need.

Best Answer

Sometimes it just helps to have someone tell you that no matter what any voices are telling her she has the power to tell them no. She does not have to listen to anyone. Sometimes they don't know this. Sometimes because they have been told to obey the adults they do not think they can say <br />
"You can talk, but I don't have to listen". I know this sounds simplistic, but sometimes it can help.

Best Answer

I think she should see a psychiatrist and maybe put under hypnosis; maybe you can find why is this happening.

Best Answer

i can only state by my hearing voices years ago that had me think of bad things sexually. some 10 years went by then i saw top mental doctors as i tried to do the bad thing with a youth. after some year i remembered i was raped at 5 years old but told no person. i feel not being a mental doctor, get her help, but i feel something triggered her she blocked. have her start off being aware of her self of problem, unfortunitly for me none saw mine until almost to late, my prayers rain forever all like her gets the help they need. <br />
i would like to add, thank you for noticing as to many teachers play it off as it is just being a child, thank you, we need more teachers as you.

Best Answer

I vote with Crystalclear for common sense and it does indeed sound like one of the forms of schizophrenia.

Best Answer

It could be mental illness like schizophrenia or she could have been sexually or emotionally abused by someone who visited from Greece. She needs a psych evaluation as soon as possible.

Best Answer

Maybe have her draw something, trying to get those fears out.

Best Answer

Oh, the poor demon possessed child! Lala, this is your chance to do an exorcism! Throw holy water on her,and run like the wind!!!! :P

Best Answer

She isn't the only one that needs it at that school!

Best Answer