just wondered-softball question,so go to it.
bookerdana bookerdana 51-55, M 15 Answers Dec 9, 2011

Yes

Best Answer

Thank You !

Best Answer

welcome! Boy this question seems like i wrote it ten years ago!

Best Answer

Yes i agree 100%

Best Answer

True , Shalom : No one seems to have posted it plainly so , Do unto others as you would have them do unto you ( Treat others as you would like to be treated ) .

Best Answer

What is the golden rule?

Best Answer

do onto others as you would have done onto you

Best Answer

I see thankyou. No not really, some people like pain, suffering etc. I try to treat people nicely, but some people love misery so they can keep it.

Best Answer

Why don't they practice it then ?

Best Answer

some do,i hope! a journey of a thousand......

Best Answer

We Do , EP Jail Release remember .

Best Answer

I do.

Best Answer

No. Perspective is always key. Another's view of what is "good" for them can and usually is different than that of those they encounter. I may think I'm doing the right thing for someone, but they may think my opinion and actions are dead wrong. Then after perspective, intentions are the next variable. Many intentions don't go over the way we meant either. Some one will inevitably feel "wronged" by the actions of another whether that person intended that or not. The golden rule can only create a utopia in a completely like-minded people...

Best Answer

Curious- why does is matter to the Q that your friend is Jewish?

Best Answer

of course it doesnt-she is also agnostic-atheist. but i just wanted something to humanize a rather bland question.

Best Answer

She's your friend- that's good ehuf for me. ;!*

Best Answer

If everyone practiced the golden rule then the world would already have changed.

Best Answer

I don´t know the golden rule, but judging from the answers its basicly the same as the categorical imperative by Immanuel Kant. <br />
Basicly every moral instance knows this rule, as it is the most basic common sense. So yes it could work out, but won´t since people do not behave Rousseau saw them, but rather like machiavelli did.

Best Answer

ok.

Best Answer

Sorry, forgot what the golden rule is. Washing your hands after you use the bathroom? :-)

Best Answer

That would be so wonderful. To this day I am shocked horrified when people don't and in PUBLIC

Best Answer

i think thats the porcelin rule. (sp?) thats good,too!!

Best Answer

true and if only

Best Answer