I had stitches on my face a week ago and ever since they've been out I've been using the polysporin as I'm supposed to. But there's these two little black holes where one of the stitches were. The other two aren't like this. Is it maybe dried blood? Or a spec of dirt that got in there? Should I try picking at it with a tooth pick or what? I scrubbed the area with a hot cloth many times. I just don't want to go picking at it if it's gonna make it worse. And I'm going to get pictures done ith a friend tomorrow so some quick actions are needed. lol ...well, i tried the tooth pick and discovered its actually just the hole the stitches were in but it still hasn't heal all the way to the outside so I'll give it another few days or so. thanks anyway guys.
CourtGatekeeper CourtGatekeeper 18-21, F 13 Answers Feb 17, 2010

Don't touch them! you might end up with a permanent scar. give it some time, your skin is still healing underneath.

Best Answer

NO, No, No, No don't pick at them hun! You have many la<x>yers of skin. It can take almost a month for the lower level skin to get pushed to the surface. If you keep picking it will scar worse than it would have. As well it is possible that your body incapsulated some tissue that did not heal correctly. In this case it could take as long as 3-6 months to surface as it must push the entire incapsulation out.

Best Answer

maybe it's teeny tiny bugs. jk

Best Answer

You've been tattoed!

Best Answer

I have to agree that it's most likely still healing. However, I had stitches in my back over 10 years ago and I have always has a big black dot. After all this time, it's still there. After about 3 months, I went back to the Dr. but she said it would still take longer to heal. After about 3 years, I couldn't stand it any longer and I did pick it. It was like a huge blackhead. Really gross!!! It's back again and now I have a second one about 3 inches from the first. I actually think the first one was a hole where the stich was that filled up and the second one is just a large pore. They both keep filling up. So I'm now trying to keep Alcohol on them to see if I can keep them gone.<br />
I hope this helps and if you find anything else out from your doctor or others, that really works, I would appreciate knowing as well.<br />
Good Luck & God Bless,

Best Answer

It was just a week ago? It's still healing!!!!!! Don't mess with it! Put a little cover up make up on it to conceal it in the pictures.. but don't pick at it or try to remove it.... geesh.. eww... :P

Best Answer

its dirt filling in the skin, you will see even after you are fully heeled u will still find then..

Best Answer

you have been beaten by dracula

Best Answer

It's your blood. It's dead/dried I guess and it's just there, until your wound heals.

Best Answer

don't pick, just see your doctor!

Best Answer

DON'T PICK AT THEM!!!!! They may be vestiges of sutures. Go back to the doctor and get it checked out.

Best Answer

its magic dots.

Best Answer