I have called the police many years ago on him, I have recently just called him up and asked that he shut it down. Last night was my limit. Here in this city we have a noise bylaw, quiet time is 10pm to 7am. He woke me with his music at 11:00pm and played it for over an hour. Just short enough that police would likely not make it in time to hear and just long enough to completely Pizz me off. What next? I have printed the city bylaw out, should I drop it in the mail box and sign it "you extremely pizzed and tired biatchy azz neighbour?"
azaliea azaliea 51-55, F 9 Answers Nov 4, 2011

It's more difficult to stop this problem in a neighborhood environment. It's been proven that you get more with honey than you will with vinegar. Try a different approach for JUST A LITTLE WHILE and let it be although it irritates you greatly because right now you are giving him power over you and he knows it therefore he will continue to do this. He might be a lonely old man and bothering you and others could be his way of getting attention. In a situation like this you can continue to call in the complaints and eventually the police will get irritated and bring disturbance charges against him and arrest him but it has to be consistent reports as in an every day or every couple of days of incidents. Have others in the area complained about his music? Get them to call in to the police also and file complaints. The more complaints from more people will help get him arrested for it.

Best Answer

thanks yes agree. Sadly the house on the other side of his is empty it's renters, likely they all got fed up with the music too ahahahahaha

Best Answer

be patient watch out for the times he sleeps then lett him have it with your music

Best Answer

I have thought of that, but I work and I suspect he sleeps during the day... I also have other family members in the house who sleep and I can't disturb them...

Best Answer

Yeah - you can do all that or sound proof your home or move or battle. Invest in some 30000000 watt flood lights aimed at his house and everytime he plays it flip em on. Invest in some loud speakers outside and blast back. I don't like warring with neighbors - I'd move - probably not an option huh --------------- I got it --- get a new stero with head phones - really good ones - you know what kind of music he plays - buy a bunch of CD's - put em in a gift basket with a card that says "Please use these earphones - you are keeping me up at night" - maybe put some cookies or something with em.

Best Answer

cookies yes good plan ahahaha ya it's frustrating as heck... no I don't want to move... there is a long history of racket from the neighbors on the other side as well and that settled down, now I have it on this side... ugh...

Best Answer

I had a neighbor like that that was a clown short of a circus. It was no use asking her to turn it down as she was mean and vendictive. I prayed and she left a couple of months ago. I sympathise

Best Answer

What ever could be wrong with "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" at 11 o'clock? You could mess burn down his house, but that leads to prison for you, and that's not good. Sorry, I'm all out after burning down the house.

Best Answer

are you my neighbor ahahahahahaha

Best Answer

Annoying! Does he has hearing problems? Does he sleeps sometimes? When he is sleeping, just do the same, so he can be in your shoes then and maybe change his behave. You can do anything that pleases you but never affect others, that is not being nice, he is not nice to my eyes.

Best Answer

I wish I could do the same back to him... as I mentioned, I work during the day and I am certain he's asleep then. :( I may just drop the note in the mailbox

Best Answer

Ha...Tell him to turn down that bloody racket and that he needs to get some respect for the youth of today :)

Best Answer

ahahahaha thanks you really complimented me with that comment hahaha
Yes I have told him repeatedly to turn his music down. He just seems to be challenged with what time of the day it is. I have been awakened by his music at 8AM at times on the weekends... sure it's annoying but I don't mind that as much as at night on a work night. I am trying to not be a bad neighbor, but really there are rules for everyone and I am tired of this after 7 years.

Best Answer

It just occured to me after visiting my mom today that maybe the guy needs a hearing aid. My mom had her tv real loud today and after reading your reply to this message it made me think maybe he doesn't know he's being too loud. :)

Best Answer

sorry-I am trying to cover up the other sounds-you do not want to hear them truss meh!

Best Answer

hahahahaha well considering we live in houses, I am certain most other sounds could not be heard... unless it was a band saw cutting up bodies ahahahaha,......

Best Answer