but the package is only 7 hours away! Will it be delivered by tomorrow? D= And if it doesn't, it's totally the damn shipper's fault. It doesn't really take 48 hours to package such a small package. Jackasses.
VainGoddess VainGoddess 22-25, F 9 Answers Nov 29, 2012 in EP

If you know the tracking number then call and tell them that you will pick it up tomorrow.

Best Answer

Didn't know I could do that. I'll call them early. Thanks!

Best Answer

If you have the number or can go online then you will want to do that tonight. UPS loads their trucks in the middle of the night for their deliveries that are scheduled for that day.

Best Answer

My dad works for UPS. Don't doubt their awesomeness. They work their ***** off.

Best Answer

Thanks. It's said that it's arrived in Memphis 3 hours from another city in the same state. *sigh* I doubt that it will come although it was promised...

Best Answer

they still have to process it and all the other bullshit

Best Answer

Thanks!

Best Answer

Perhaps you should consider yours is not the only package they are shipping.<br />
A shipped package has a much more complicated journey than you might think.<br />
When you order something that item must first be paid for. If you are paying by credit card this happens fairly quickly. Once payment is authorized the item must be physically collected, usually from a large warehouse. The item is then sent to the shipping department where it is packaged and an address label is attached. The item is then added to the collection of other packages being shipped that day. Usually the shipping company only makes one pick-up per day. If your package misses the bus, then it must wait until the next day, adding 24 hours of waiting. Now lets say the item is shipping from Ashland, Maine to Merced, California. From Ashland it will be picked up by a route driver and taken to a local hub where thousands of packages are processed every day. From there it will be shipped to a much larger central hub, then a flown National hub. From there it starts going to more and more local hubs until it is given to a route driver who will personally deliver it to you.<br />
If you have tracked the package to you local hub, it will likely be delivered to you the next day. If it's 7 hours away still, it will need to likely get to a closer hub. Most local hubs are within 2 or 3 hours of your location. If you happen to live near a larger hub, it will likely skip the local hub and come to you directly.<br />
It's amazing to consider, when you think about it, that this all happens so quickly. So keep your panties on. It'll get there!

Best Answer

It didn't happen quickly at all. I ordered what I wanted at 11 at night so that they would see the order in the morning. It took them 48 hours to package it and send it to the UPS site. I paid with Visa instantly and was told that I would have 3 days to get my package through email. But they physically gave them my package yesterday...so it's been 2 days SINCE they promised....ugh. Oh well..

Best Answer

You've gotta remember that you are not the only person they are dealing with. It wasn't a promise, it was an estimate.

Best Answer

Not when it was told it was shipped out that same day.

Best Answer

after 11pm the next day counts as the same day. Maybe your package is shipping from a different time zone?
What is it you're waiting for that 1 more day will make a difference?

Best Answer

It wasn't shipped out that day. It was 48 hours before it got into the hands of UPS.
The point is that it's NOT one day I have to wait. I have to wait the whole weekend.
It's a birthday gift that didn't come in time due to the gift not being here Friday when I could only order it at 11:30 on Tuesday (that's the time when I get paid).

Best Answer

let me guess, life- sized lancer replica?

Best Answer

no, it's gotta be the Spock cut out. Just hope it's the correct Spock!

Best Answer

Best Answer