Is your goal to maybe coax her into perhaps looking toward finding lodgings of her own, as it's inevitable that your parents won't be around forever? It's not doing her any favors by skirting the issue...and I know you are not doing this...the others are. I just needed more information, as in depth as your explanation was.

Best Answer

Yes the goal is to get her to help herself... Coax her toward independence. She has lived independently only for two short stints, the last of which ended in her filing for bankruptcy. She doesn't have reliable employment and now fills her days doing odd jobs for people saying this is a Business she has built up and is building up. At least she is doing something but it is really only a time filler that provides pocket money rather than steady income. Cannot address that or she feels she is being accused of being a failure. That issue aside, coaxing toward independence as well as opening for discussion the possibility of finding a diagnosis or support for her would be major wins. Major.

Best Answer

Thank you for asking that clarifying question, CountSpatula, and for thinking over my question, which literally is a dilemma of a lifetime.

Best Answer