KnightDreamer KnightDreamer 51-55, M 7 Answers Aug 17, 2012 in Community

Focus, start with an outline, create discipline, don't be too critical on yourself. Dedicate a set time of the day to write, and then actually write, don't hang out here, or any other place on the net. Turn off your phone. If it helps, set up music.

I write in fragments, and put them in order later on, but that is my way.

Best Answer

Sound advice from someone I can relate to.
Thank you very much.
Can I have a copy of your latest work?
Kind Regards

Best Answer
Best Answer

Thanks for the links, The site looks good.
Are you looking for another project?
Regards

Best Answer

welcome-i have a friend coming first week september-a writer+artist-he will provide me/you with more details..so just specify your Questions in a message to me...and i will do my best to inform/support you, as good i can..thanks have a gud day..Mikka
there are so far 3 books written....also a lot of experience...in this genre..:)))))

Best Answer

If this is about your life, an autobiography....start with Honesty. Start from the beginning and create a "theme". First, create a list of the major events, a sort of "time line" of the major highlights (or pitfalls-and how you've overcome them) of your life, and then you will be then able to elaborate on each event as you get along in your story. And having access to a computer is wonderful because you can add and delete as you write, right up until the ending. You will find that you will make many, many editions along the way, but in the end it will be worth it. Be sure you have no distractions, no radio, TV...etc. Concentration. You will be amazed at what you can accomplish! Good luck!

Best Answer

Many thanks for your comments, clearly you have sat at your computer with your story as I'm now.
What did you do with it when it was finished?
Regards

Best Answer

I never published it. Still thinking about it. I saved it on a zip drive to be safe. I still feel it needs some fine tuning. I've written some stories about myself here on EP. How freeing it was to finally write about those events of my life!

Best Answer

you did/do well+ i appreciated very much your courage and attitude to life..you are a star!!!! hug Mikka

Best Answer

check the internet for free creative writing courses

check the library reference section on writing

Best Answer

Thanks for the advice.
Have you written any books?

Best Answer

I took a children's books writing course
but didn't finish the course because my
instructor thought it was more important
to get a story published than care about
editors butchering the original story.

Best Answer

It sound like a mine field out there, did you succeed with your project?
What do you think of this site?
http://www.creative-writing-now.com/how-to-write-a-novel.html

Best Answer

when I continue writing, sometime in the future, it will be to just entertain myself and to leave something behind to my family ... i don't think i would like any kind of fame or praise.

Best Answer

Depends on what your'e goals are. If you want to publish, invest in a spellchecker/editor.

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply.
Have you had a book published ?

Best Answer

Not a book, but several academic publications.

Best Answer

Cool
I think this is going to be a long journey.
Thanks again

Best Answer