iamashamedofmyself iamashamedofmyself 18-21 28 Answers Dec 30, 2012 in Health

Exercise is overrated as a contributing factor... its healthy and its great, but if you eat the same garbage whilst working out you might just get stronger, fitter and fatter all at the same time.

Starvation doesn't help either.

The best combination I've found is regular small gym sessions (1-2 hrs maybe every other day or so) coupled with clever dieting that forces ketosis (metabolism of fat). Atkins diet is the textbook example, but there are other, healthier options too... research it.

On the other hand, once I get down to about 36" i find it very difficult to lose any more.

If you are finding it exceptionally hard, do you have a medical problem? See a doctor and find out.

If you ever went through a period of forced starvation there is a chance that your body has adapted in ways that make it very difficult for you to lose weight... its not common but it does happen.

Best Answer

i will see a doctor tomorrow. and the points you made ar every good indeed. will keep them in mind. thanks a lot.

Best Answer

What seemed to work the best for me was not eating within 3 hours of going to bed, unless you truly need a snack during that time. So, if you go to bed at 10 p.m., you should not eat after 7 p.m. It might take a while to get used to, but I eventually stopped feeling hungry during those three hours before bedtime.

Also, take a realistic look at how much you are eating. If it seems like a lot, just eat less. This will probably take a while to get used to as well. You may need to relearn your body's signal that it is full, or get used to not feeling stuffed. Try to keep your life full and happy so that you don't notice the change.

Also, try to arrange so that all the grains you eat are whole grains. They will keep you fuller for longer.

Best Answer

oh yea i really really need something to eat at least one hour before bed or i will wake up in the middle of the night to ruin my diet. but i will try not to eat.thanks.
i will try with peanuts i think.thanks.

Best Answer

Atkin's. A lot of people bash it, but I've lost a ton of weight on it. Plus, you can snack, and eat as much as you want.

Best Answer

i dont understand you sir.

Best Answer

The Atkin's diet. Ya know, low carbs, and all that? You should look it up, and try it.

Best Answer

will do so..thanks a lot.

Best Answer

6ft 38" isnt bad at all. My son is 6ft and 36" and he doesnt look fat. You can try a glass of grapefruit juice before bed and maybe walking if it really bothers you.

Best Answer

i walk a lot. do exercises. actually i weigh much more than i look like.

Best Answer

muiscle weighs more than fat...

Best Answer

i dont have 6-packs or 8. :P

Best Answer

gonna try harder then :)

Best Answer

What kind of diet...?

See, the problem with dieting, is that most diets are about cutting out this or that, or counting calories.

Which is great, until we take into consideration most diets are done this way:

"My car takes 28 gallons. That's how much fuel it needs. Never put more than that in it."

Wonderful. So, I know how many gallons I should have. WHAT KIND OF FUEL? Because, you see, that's where these calorie counting things go wrong. The brain needs one kind of fuel, the muscles another, the digestive system, etc etc... All of these body parts require something different.

I hate to pimp out something, but... yeah. Gonna do it anyway. Most effective diet I've ever seen takes a different approach to diet. It's not about counting calories, or cutting out fat, or protein, or carbs... all essential to operating your body.

It's about BALANCING HORMONES. Because, you see, when your body is running correctly...? IT WORKS.

Look up the Perfect 10 Diet: http://www.perfect10diet.com/

I've done my research. I am convinced. Least you can do is check it out.

Best Answer

will check it out. thanks for the help.

Best Answer

"Diets" don't work. You have to change your whole lifestyle, not your eating habits for like a month. I would recommend cutting processed foods, and eating a plant based diet. I lost 8 pounds in one month doing that, combined with using Sensa. If I weren't at school, I could stick with it, but I've still kept most of the weight off, because I limit the meat and processed foods I eat. I can't afford the Sensa anymore, either, lol :P

Best Answer

that is the problem with me- the patience. i dont have them.i am also at college and so can not really maintain a routine. and i am a vegetarian.

Best Answer

You should eliminate cheese, too.
If you're not patient about it, it's not going to happen. So if you can't make a permanent change, don't bother trying.

Best Answer

i never eat cheese actually.thinking of eliminating sugar as well.thanks for the help. :)

Best Answer

Yes, eliminating sugar is an excellent way to lose weight. It's really hard, but worth it. My parents both eliminated sugar from their diets, and they're in great shape.

Best Answer

i dont like sugar anyway but the thing is i do not really have a choice in much of the things as i am in college campus. but lets try. hope for the best :)
thanks for the help.

Best Answer

You're welcome. :)

Best Answer

You should drink everyday's morning a glass of warm water with few drops of lemon in it .It will work efficiently if you try it along with honey.Also consult with doctor.

Best Answer

what a coincidence, i am drinking it right now. but "honey"?? well..lets just say it doesnt suit me. and doctor, yea actually i was thinking of tht.

Best Answer

Actually, it's proven that honey kickstarts the metabolism. Supposedly, if one ate a teaspoon of honey before going to bed (you will want to brush your teeth afterwards, or kiss the teeth goodbye) it makes your body burn calories all night long. I can't confirm it, but honey is FAR better for you as a sweetener than ANY other. It actually has a nutritional value outside of being sweet.

Best Answer

Let me clarify, since EP doesn't allow us to edit responses. I CAN confirm that honey kickstarts the metabolism. I cannot confirm if the teaspoon of it before bed works or not.

Best Answer

i will try honey then. with warm water. but do you mean to say that it will damage the teeth?

Best Answer

You should ask a doctor or something.

Best Answer

thinking of doing so..thanks.

Best Answer

Losing weight is a combo of diet and exercise. Restricting to one won't work.

Also, you should feel how much of your waist size is fat, in comparison to how broad your ribcage is. I have a friend who desperately tried to get thinner, but she has a broad ribcage so a wasp taille will never be for her...

Best Answer

yea i have an big ribcage. will try to improve my routine. thanks.

Best Answer

dieting as I am told never works because you have to change your lifestyle or the weight comes back. You have to cut out the crap you eat, and find new foods that are healthy and you can eat a proper portion of it 4 times a day and provide you with what you need to exercise at least 4 times a week to burn the calories. And the food can't just be healthy, it has to be prepared healthy. Use olive oil spray for example instead of corn oil or butter. Once you get to your ideal weight, you can enjoy foods that aren't so healthy in moderation as long as you keep exercising.

Best Answer

i have cut the crap out. and "prepared healthy" well..i live in a college campus, so cant do much about the preparing part. thanks though.

Best Answer

I understand people eat totally unhealthy in college and often cant prepare your own foods, but hopefully when you get your own place and move out of dorms (if that's the case) you can prepare your own meals. it's the only way to know what's in them and if they have the right number of calories. Calorie counting is key to weight loss plans.

Best Answer

yea, after getting out of the college, i will definitely maintain a routine. but until then, whatever i can do is a bonus.

Best Answer

:) yeah, just do your best. choose the healthier option when you eat in the cafeteria or at restaurants, and in small portions and find someone to work out with. It doesn't have to be boring, if you have a friend next to you.

Best Answer

hmm..yea you are right. just a good routine and proper diet. will try.thanks a lot for the help. and exercise..well...no partner as of now.

Best Answer

I'm sure you could find a good partner, just ask people. There is always somebody around that wants to get healthy too.

Best Answer

were you just training at punching or the whole nine yards of skipping and shadow boxing/lifting weights etc?

Best Answer

just punching. actually there is a space problem where i live. so i have a punching bag in my room only.

Best Answer

i have one in my room too! Well first of all, if you are trying to lose weight in your waist punching alone isn't going to do it. It will strengthen your arms and back and stomach a bit if you work really hard (I kind of do weird movements to get my stomach in on the mix). But something that will help a lot is skipping (not in your house...outside if possible), or crunches, running on the spot. I haven't done it yet, but apparently the GSP workout is really really good if you don't have a lot of space to workout. But be careful, it is really intense so dont get discouraged if the first try isnt as sharp as they are. Just do what you can, and work up your endurance.

Best Answer

i do push-ups and hybrids of push-ups (which looks weird, do it to involve all my body parts). thanks i will try to keep up.

Best Answer

have you tried.........not givin a flyin F?

Best Answer

tried, failed. :P

Best Answer

weight means nothin......sounds lame at yur age........but confidence is truly everythin.......the most beautiful people i've ever met in my life........were comfortable in their own skin...whether skinny, "normal" or fat

Best Answer

but being fat might cause problems when i am old.

Best Answer

What is your BMI?

Best Answer

i have tried tht but the thing is, my weight is much more than what i give an impression of. 38'' is not less i know, but weight should be more accordingly.

Best Answer

What do you mean, your weight is your weight right? The BMI says if you are overweight, normal or too thin. That will help you to know if you are healthy or not :)

Best Answer

it says i am not healthy. and that is why i am trying to loose weight. trying my best, lets see.

Best Answer

Oh I see :/ How many times a week do you exercise?

Best Answer

almost daily. never less than 5 times a week.
punching bag for 15 minutes. 15 push-ups, 15 sit-ups and some running and walking.

Best Answer

Wow, that's great! When did you start this program? You will eventually see it on your body, and if not you should talk to your doctor :)

Best Answer

(Mostly raw) vegan diet is the answer.

Best Answer

i am a vegetarian.

Best Answer

That's the problem. You're getting animal fat from dairy and eggs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNCGkprGW_o

Best Answer

so i should avoid milk? i dont take butter cheese and all..only milk. but i have heard milk helps in reducing weight.

Best Answer

The animal fat that makes us fat is found in meat, dairy and eggs. Milk is a dairy product so, yes, milk has the animal fat that makes you fat. It also doesn't help make strong bones. The countries that consume the most dairy have the highest rates of osteoporosis. Milk is unhealthy unless you're a nursing calf. Please watch the video but the big picture.

Best Answer

oh i see. thanks a lot. i was wrong as it seems. thanks and i will try to avoid such products.

Best Answer

No try. Do.

Best Answer