I've found that I get an obvious interest from certain girls but, because I'm not 'laddish', it seems to put them off when they meet me. I can't help just being a friendly person but it seems to put me in the 'friend zone' very quickly! it maybe just a confidence thing? to be honest i'm depressed by it as I'm not sure i can change my personality to be more confident.
Lennon80 Lennon80 41-45, M 3 Answers May 22 in Community

Don't change for anyone. That won't make you happy and won't attract the right person for you. Maybe you're going after the wrong type of woman for you. The right person for you will like you just as you are. So many relationships fail when people play games and try to "get" someone to like them.

Best Answer

yes, i know you're right - it's just depressing sometimes :)

Best Answer

I think the best relationships begin with friendship! Smart & funny are the most attractive qualities in a man. What is laddish?

Best Answer

you're right - i think the trouble is that all my friends that are girls are generally partners of my male friends - it's not always easy to find new girl friends to get anything going, but i'll keep on trying! lol 'laddish', to me, is arrogant men who think they're god's gift to women. women do seem to like them more than 'normal' men.

Best Answer

Well, honestly, the girls looking for arrogant guys are either shallow or immature. My ex husband was that way...we met when I was 17....and I have come to realize over the years that the most important thing is to be able to really relate to someone. Good looks always fade, intelligence and humor do not! Good luck to you!

Best Answer

thanks :)

Best Answer

You are welcome!

Best Answer