I've found that I get an obvious interest from certain girls but, because I'm not 'laddish', it seems to put them off when they meet me. I can't help just being a friendly person but it seems to put me in the 'friend zone' very quickly! it maybe just a confidence thing? to be honest i'm depressed by it as I'm not sure i can change my personality to be more confident.
Lennon80 Lennon80 41-45, M 3 Answers May 22 in Community

Don't change for anyone. That won't make you happy and won't attract the right person for you. Maybe you're going after the wrong type of woman for you. The right person for you will like you just as you are. So many relationships fail when people play games and try to "get" someone to like them.

Best Answer

yes, i know you're right - it's just depressing sometimes :)

Best Answer

The best way to dodge the friend zone is to keep a little flirt up. It's like you have hot coal. You keep it warm and hot, so you can blow to it at the right time to make the huge flame burn! ;P

Best Answer

thanks. I suppose i just don't have the confidence to think I can be attractive to the other person, so i don't make any obvious moves. I think I need to just bite the bullet and go for it a bit more :)

Best Answer

The number 1 thing to make person interesting/attractive/sexy is the way you present yourself! I don't know how you look exactly, but I know some people who are not on the level of models, and they are still incredibly attractive/sexy due to the way they hold themselves and through their confidence.
Most of people's confidence is fake. They can be the most insecure and unconfident people, but they just fake to be confident. And others believe what they see ^^

Best Answer

thanks, i'll give it a go and I will try not to be a nervous wreck when I speak to the women i like. lol

Best Answer

Good luck! ^^

Best Answer

I think the best relationships begin with friendship! Smart & funny are the most attractive qualities in a man. What is laddish?

Best Answer

you're right - i think the trouble is that all my friends that are girls are generally partners of my male friends - it's not always easy to find new girl friends to get anything going, but i'll keep on trying! lol 'laddish', to me, is arrogant men who think they're god's gift to women. women do seem to like them more than 'normal' men.

Best Answer

Well, honestly, the girls looking for arrogant guys are either shallow or immature. My ex husband was that way...we met when I was 17....and I have come to realize over the years that the most important thing is to be able to really relate to someone. Good looks always fade, intelligence and humor do not! Good luck to you!

Best Answer

thanks :)

Best Answer

You are welcome!

Best Answer