Like, she doesn't notice they poke fun at her, she thinks they like her, and I really don't want to loose my friends. She's 15, we're 12. I don't think it's a super big deal.
daisy415 daisy415 13-15 30 Answers Nov 1, 2012 in Parenting & Family

They don't sound like friends my dear!! True friends DO NOT hurt. They are supposed to envelope you and be nice. If I were you, I'd make new friends that have a heart. Your sister deserves respect. And so do you. You love her or you wouldn't mention these people and how they treat her. Drop them. It will hurt for awhile. But your sister is more important.

Best Answer

That is a very hard situation and hope you don't get hurt. But, I believe however close they are you should put your autistic sister before your friends. Why don't you try to talk about this to your friends and make them understand what they are doing is wrong..

Best Answer

autistic or not..... it's PLAIN rude, bad manners and bullying to make fun of other pple!!!!! If i am the principle of a school..... any students who dare to bully others will GET IT hard from me....!!<br />
in a way you help correct ya friends so that they know they are in the wrong can learn that it's not right to bully others and in another to protect (speak up for) others who cannot protect speak up for themsleves.... both good!!

Best Answer

A lot of people with autism spectrum personalities are surprisingly resilient, confident people. They amaze me with their sensitivity and focus. They are really special, and I actual feel worse for the people who make fun of them, because they're just noise. Nothing special about that noise.

Best Answer

Having a sibling with serious issues is not easy. I believe you already know the answer. On some level your sister does feel pain from it, and you do also. The question isn't should you, but how. <br />
One by one often helpful. You could mention in conversation that it is hurtful when he/ she puts down your sister. The people who don't care, should not have the right to be in your life.<br />
Learning how to talk about sensitive subjects is

Best Answer

I think that's a good idea. Cuz then maybe they'll stop, but they won't leave either. Thankz!

Best Answer

sorry , my answer got cut off...I was getting ready for work , then realized I had to go. I have worked with adults with Developmental Disabilities for nine years. In general, some of the most amazing people I have even met...far smarter , more loving, interesting than so called, " normies"
The challenges are there, yes, so are the unique gifts of being each person brings.
Some teasing I think is fear. Love overcomes fear.

Best Answer

Yes, why are you friends with them?

Best Answer

Well, they're nice to me, and they're really funny. Like, they're nice to most people, and only some of them make fun of her.

Best Answer

Those are not friends. That's your sister! If they tripped her or pushed her, would they still be funny to you? No.

Best Answer

Don't bother trying to stop them; they are ignorant, so try educating them, instead.....or get rid of them; they are not worthy of your friendship.

Best Answer

Your sister may not understand that their attention isn't a good thing, but you do. If you're posting a question about it, I'm going to guess that it bugs you. Let your friends know that you don't like it when they poke fun at your sister. Doing it one-on-one like vibrante suggested is going to work best- your friends are your friends because they like you, they won't want to keep joking when they understand that it hurts you.

Best Answer

Tell them to stop. No question. You will regret it one day if you don't.

Best Answer

yes they should stop totally ! as an adult it should have been taken care of right away!

Best Answer

pls for god sake... stop them... its not right... no one has right to mock any one... i would rather say.. its no better than a sin.. pls brother.. place urself at ur sister's state n imagine... you will get the answer. If i wud have been in ur place.. i wud have long back left all my friends for my sis

Best Answer

Maybe you could ask your friends not to make fun of your sister and explain to them that she is special and why. Ask them if they would be kind enough to include her. <br />
They are young and hopefully when they are older they will understand. <br />
You will find that you can educate people about autism in a nice way.

Best Answer

I don't have an answer, only a question.....why would you be friends with such small minded losers that would make fun of an autistic sibling???<br />
Aren't there any decent people where you live?<br />
Karma is a *****, so when they grow up and have autistic children (or nieces or nephews) they will understand what A**holes they were.

Best Answer

Well, they may be 'nice' to you--but if you were the one with the disability, they wouldn't be so 'nice' to you, would they? You should choose your friends because they are nice to everybody.

Best Answer

I would let them know that it is not very mature of them and that they are being bullies. One at a time.

Best Answer

stop them, its rude and thats your sister.

Best Answer

I can add nothing to what was said before,,,except follow the advice here offered to you.

Best Answer

Whatever works for one form of bullying perhaps works for all forms of bullying. Offenders should be exposed and confronted publicly.

Best Answer

You should wonder why you remain friends with people like this.

Best Answer

I'm friends with them because they're really nice to me, and they're lots of fun and funny and stuff. It's just this, and my mom doesn't like it, but like, my sister doesn't care, so, idk.

Best Answer

A sad sad answer. It appears to me that your friends are more important than blood sister.

Best Answer

You have mean friends at the age of 12, and real friends stand up for people who their friends care about, unless they're like YOUR friends, no offense

Best Answer