mazubane mazubane 36-40, F 14 Answers Nov 5, 2009

U have a condition which is known as Hypoglycemia ( low blood sugar); I am the oppsite of u I am a type 1 diabeteic so I am insluin depent and have high blood sugar, the best thing for u to do when ur sugar drops that is the safest way to bring it up and keep it up without have seouris problems is this: drink a whole cup of orange juice or take a sugar pill if u haven;t heard of them they are called ( gluose tabs) it only takes one to bring ur sugar up were it should be when u start to feel dizzy, shakey, or like ur gonna passout. If u have neither than u need to drink a soda high in sugar such as Mt. Dew but try to stay away from eating chocolate because its a temporay fix which will bring it up and then drop down 3 times worse very quick, also eating a little bit of peanutbutter is also a great fix which will keep ur sugar at balance and not drop down again either!!

Best Answer

Bring small snacks like fruit, flavored water, cashews (if you're in a peanut-friendly area), salads of green veggies, beef sandwiches and definitely take iron pills. I speak from experience. <br />
And stay away from excess sugar & caffeine-you'll crash in energy in 20 minutes.

Best Answer

NowSure is on the money with this one. You can boost up your lows in order to get out of the danger level, but it's really a matter of balancing your diet long-term in order to stop the lows from happening in the first place. It sounds stupid, but you need to eat less sugar and more slow release foods like meat and vegetables.<br />
See a doctor. Persistently low blood sugar is dangerous.<br />
You can also get a lot of good information and advice from your local Diabetes Foundation. Look them up.

Best Answer

orange juice, peanut butter, pretty much anything will raise your level within an hr. One good thing is crackers w peanut butter.

Best Answer

MY sister has low blood sugar she eats every 2 hours most likely eat fruit for the natural sugar that comes from it try it this way so you can tell the doctor how you felt with fruit and every 2 hours but go to the doctor

Best Answer

Suck some ice.

Best Answer

Be very careful with this. Seek professional medical advice. I have reactive low blood sugar wich means I'm not supposed to use sugar at all. Sounds wrong but let me explain. If I take suger my hyperactive pancreas remove too much suger from my blood and I go into a low state wich could be dangerous. There are lots of different types of sugar level problems so rather have it checked out to make sure.

Best Answer

You need some food that will give you a sustained and steady boost in sugar levels. Start your day with a bowl of porridge. It is a "power food" and gives you a constant supply of sugar to the blood rather than a "spike" supply that you can get from drinking for example soda pop/fizzy drinks or sweets.

Best Answer