drsen drsen 18-21, M 11 Answers Jun 21, 2011

In America, we have a Puritan foundation to our culture that espouses the philosphy that people are responsible for themselves in the eyes of God and their neighbors. We also have a very distinct instinct towards individual privacy, so often feel that to get in people's faces to help them about their individual situations is intrusive and, frankly, none of our business...I"m not saying this attitude is right, I"m saying this attitude exists in some form or another with all americans but with animals, we feel none of these cultural limitations....animals have no right to privacy, we can get up into their grill and take action however way we see fit, we feel an empowerment to act in their behalf and that encourages feelings of empathy....maybe that what it is but I'm not betting the house on it.

Best Answer

What? He's asking why we are so nice to animals.

Best Answer

I'm answering with one eye to the question and one to Grunt's answer , I guess. That man couldn't get any more Conservative, even if he was cloned from the zygot grown from combing the DNA of the toe nail shavings of Barry Goldwater and the sweepings from the floor of Ayn Rand's hairdresser

Best Answer

Ayn Rand was not what you would call conservative.

Best Answer

@ The squirrel: No, her/his answer was fair, looking into both sides. It's rickets like you who make their mind up about a question who should refrain from answering.

Best Answer

We don't eat the same animals in our diet as are eaten in many other cultures.

Best Answer

Because most animals in other countries are eaten, in America most animals are made into pets.

Best Answer

any were in north america they care for animals exsept for the once that abuse animals but other countrys eat dogs and cats.

Best Answer

There was a newspaper article about a man who lived under a bridge with his dog. There were over 500 letters asking to adopt the dog. No one asked about the homeless man.

Best Answer

The American attitude to animals is far from unique it exists in many other countries.

Best Answer

I honestly don't know, but I don't think it's a bad thing. I have 2 dogs and 3 cats and they are my best friends. You just can't trust people, but when my dog snuggles up next to me or my cat sits on my lap and purrs, all is right with the world.

Best Answer

Well it's a shame you just can't trust people.

Best Answer

at the homeless shelter if a dog is brought there, they get it water right away, but the people sit in the heat and they dont even think about getting us water, people care more about anmals than they do other people

Best Answer

That's because humans are dangerous.

Best Answer

hmm, factory farming?

Best Answer

and abuse

Best Answer

That is a tight avatar.

Best Answer