I am also suffering from knee cap pain which takes my breathe away at times. This has been recently started and am still wondering what can be done to get recovery from it. I have been visiting an PT but have not found any positive results of his medication.

Best Answer

I am 47 also, have degenerative disk disease and degenerative joint disease - I believe that is the same or similar to Osteoarthritis. This has caused a number of other conditions. I have chronic pain every day, I have difficulty sleeping because of the pain. Every large joint in my body is affected, shoulders, hips, pelvis, knees, ankles, wrists, etc. I have tried all kinds of pain killers, anti-inflammatory medications, various exercises, was instructed in a relaxation meditation to use before bed, stretching, heat packs, cold packs, etc. I use a power chair, as my conditions prevent me from walking much at all. <br />
Most of the time, like you, I try to mask the pain, push through, but I suffer every day. I don't know what to tell you as far as how to relieve some of the pain, as I haven't found much help in that area either, but I wanted to let you know you're not alone. <br />
I have taken to having a lie down when I'm feeling physically overwhelmed. Since the end of December, I've been pushing myself to walk around my backyard. I've given up on the medications, too many side effects. <br />
I wish you luck in figuring out what works best for you. Relief really is a very individual, personal thing, because each of us brings something different to the same diagnosis. Soft (((hugs))).

Best Answer

I hear you! I'm struggling right now, too, though not with osteoarthritis. I lived through five years with severe fibromyalgia and it wasn't as bad as what I'm dealing with now. This has only been the past seven months, but I find myself in tears more often each day and having thoughts that I shouldn't about just ending things. Earlier today I was thinking if I could just take a percocet once a week, that would at least give me one day a week to look forward to and maybe I could get my house clean once in awhile. Then I started wondering if anyone is treating pain in a cyclical fashion -- one type of pain killer one day and then another the next and so on, so that one doesn't develop a tolerance to the meds and need even more and become addicted. I was even thinking about researching medical marijuana earlier today and that is definitely NOT like me, but I am reaching a point of desperation. I'm sorry I don't have any answers for either of us, but thanks for letting me vent, too.

Best Answer

i have a friend with the same problems and i whish i could take away all his pain but i cant i tried staying at his house to help him and even our son is too much for him right now so i do what i can for him but keep our son away too so theres no more harm being done to him i love him with all my heart and would do anything for him but on the other hand i have to be there for our son too i would do anything for him i wish i i the answer because it kills me to know that hes in so much pain that he wants to die

Best Answer