I have to go today..I don't know how to relax,and they are gonna put me on meds,this already happened before
1prettygirl 1prettygirl 36-40, F 10 Answers Oct 11, 2012 in Health

It's called "white coat syndrome". Another way of saying people get anxious at the thoght of the doctor taking their elevated blood pressure. Therefore it goes up.

Best Answer

Yes and your doctor should be aware of that. Happens to many people.

Best Answer

I don't know if this will work for you, but when I go to the doctor's office, I now do two things to help keep my blood pressure in check. First I give myself plenty of time to get there so I'm not rushing. Second I take something with me to do so I won't focus so much on being at the doctor's. I usually play a game on my phone or play my hand held phase 10 game. Works for me. Hope it helps. :)

Best Answer

um,i will try!thank u

Best Answer

Yes, but my dr usually will take blood pressure again, after some time passes, if it's high.

Best Answer

it was really high last visit,so they had to check 3 times,it lowered,but it was still considered high,my palms were sweating so bad

Best Answer

Ohhh yes

Best Answer

Yup

Best Answer