Id say its all in how you look at it. Nothing about a 'mental illness' should make you feel like your life is predetermined ..you are ultimately in control of your mind. I dont like how doctors label people... instead of him getting to the root of your issues and teaching you self discipline and self control techniques, he slaps you with a label and makes you feel like your doomed for life. Theres a ton of resources and books on emotional stability, especially if your a christian, but either way, once yu learn to regulate your emotions, any label or feeling of bpd will vanish.

Best Answer

I may not have BPD, but I have some advice that might help. It sound like you do love him, so I would stop worring about that issue. Plus learning about BPD together can be very helpful in a relationship. As long as you get the proper medical help and medication you need, then there is no reason you can't live a full life with the one you love. The one thing you should never do is leave him out of the loop. Make him feel included in everything. That way he wont feel like you don't want him around. It is easy to get the wrong idea when you have no ideas in the first place. The more he knows the stronger you relationship will be. Always keep in mind that this is all new to him. You may have just found out yourself, but you have the luxury of having experienced it first hand for years. He is starting from scratch and may have many wrong ideas or questions about it.

Best Answer

If the guy loves you just the way you are then it's silly to knot yourself up by assuming he isn't happy. If he does have any issues or worries about how your bpd affects you then he should air those thoughts so you can both flatten that bump out. I've lost friends this way too but more because I was just too stupid to apologise after.

Best Answer

you must make sure that you are regulated on medications, no matter what you think there is no way to control it on your own, even if you have been. Even when on meds you will have attacks, but its better than the other way. I have leard this the hardway having BPD myself. I am married and I have 2 little girls. Relationship is rocky, but we do have a lot of good too. My hubby has learned to notice my signs I have with the upswings, and at the same time he has learned to usethem to his advantage in regards to sex. <br />
Point blank, if this man he loves you the same as you do him, which it seems to be as he cried with you over this, then you will work things out and learn to deal with the BPD. My husbands a paramedic and is very familiar with mental illnes, so i lucked out a bit there. There are times that he cannot deal, but I tell him to stay at his familys house, which is only 15 mins from us, for a day or two, untill he can get himself together. <br />
As for having children, Ii have found that they are my only peace. I am so serene with them, my head is clear, and i felll great circling myself with them. But the playtime is wonderful. <br />
Good luck to you! If you ever have any questions or just need someone to emathize with you, please reach out to me. i know how hard this is on anyone to go through.

Best Answer

dude, don't let such information ruin yours and his happiness. so what if you have bpd? according to what you said, you already fixed yourself and NO rage issues for 5 years. sounds to me that you're fine. you don't need meds. you need other people to support you. your self sacrifice will only make your condition worse because that will lead you to think about negative crap and isolation promotes depression. i suggest you tell him your condition and make him understand it. as for you, you should also do your part and be as normal as possible. i mean your condition should NEVER be used as an excuse to be a *****. wiki says bpd patients exhibit anger, anxiety and depression. an understanding boyfriend is the perfect partner for you to help you keep in check with your issues. <br />
fyi if you think that your love for him is only in your head, then you are living in the matrix. affirm to yourself if you really love him. btw giving the best of you all the time is being fake. show your true self and you will know if he truly loves you or not. <br />
kinda jumbled so sorry. hope it helps though

Best Answer

BPD, seems to have two different meanings these days. Bi-Polar Disorder, and Borderline Personality Disorder. Which is yours?

Best Answer

i have borederline personality disorder

Best Answer

It's mind over matters! ;) <br />
Just let him know or warn him when your nasty self is out to destroy the world! <br />
You should be fine! ;)

Best Answer

Woaaaaaaahhhhhhhh. Settle.... relax.... BPD is a hard thing but the major problem is generally that the sufferer is unwilling to recognize the issue.<br />
You are facing up to it and although it wont be easy you can beat it. It is doable if not easy. Don't lose sight of the fact that you can do it and the fact that you are facing it is the biggest obstacle.<br />
My best wishes to you on your journey.

Best Answer

There are meds to help you............. get on them and don't miss taking them

Best Answer