I ran out of characters...lol. I managed to print the screen I want, using Paint. But....how do I edit out the top of the pic that includes the search engine and all the open links I have on my comp ? I tried to move the 'bar' but that only reduces the size of the pic and not the contents. I tried using the eraser and painting it, but that is tacky. Also...when I tried to save it, I saved it it my desktop but it only saves in a jpeg. How do I paste it to another forum/new page and make it larger.......like the actual size of the image I printed ? If I try saving it to another format it defaults to jpeg. This is frustrating..........but it is like anything else...it is not hard if you know how, but quite frankly I don't know how... I hope it is easier when W8 comes out.
DallasCowboysFan DallasCowboysFan 51-55, M 1 Answer Aug 21, 2012 in Community

paste the screen print to wordpad

Best Answer

I tried wordpad and it copied. However, when I tried to paste it to the other site, it said it only accepted ..jpeg, jpe, png, gif, jpg and pdf. The one I copied from wordpad was rtf and that was the only option it allowed me to save.

Best Answer

I am still figuring this out.

Best Answer

ok ... when you do your screen print, hold down the 'alt' key.
this will take a shot of the active window and all the other desktop stuff won't be included.

Best Answer

any more ideas ?

Best Answer

umm ... so you held down the alt key and pressed the print screen key to place the screen shot on to the clipboard.
now you can open paint.exe and do a paste (ctrl V) to place the screen shoot into paint.exe. now you should be able to save the screen shot as a jpg, png, bmp, tiff ... any format by doing file>save as and selecting the 'save as type' drop down to select the format you want.

Best Answer