He hasn't tried reaching out to me at all. i waited for him to write me because he's the adult you know? but it's been years. i don't know what to do, help!
coolcoley33 coolcoley33 13-15, F 8 Answers Oct 22, 2011

If I were you I would not wait on him to lead the way, maybe you know more about love than him! there would be nothing wrong in reaching out to him, but be warned you might get rejected and feel hurt...but my guess is...you have been rejected and feel hurt anyway so why not poke it with a stick...see what happens?

Best Answer

Yes, I think you should try to reach out to him. Maybe he is feeling bad about being in jail and that is why he is not contacting you. We don't know why he is in jail, hopefully nothing too bad. But when he gets out he will need some love and support from his family to help him get back into leading a normal life. He probably regrets whatever he has done. Hope you find success and that you will keep in contact with your dad as long as he is no threat to you. I don't know why he is in jail.

Best Answer

i would you will only regret it olong the line...ps good luck hope it works out well for you..

Best Answer

Did you ever end up getting in touch with him? I hope you decided to, and I hope it has gone well. If you try, and he doesn't want to know you know, don't feel too bad, cos one day he will probably re-think the situation. What is important is that you try, and don't let it get you down whatever happens. Good luck.

Best Answer

thanks for the support, i did try it didn't go well, but i have been working through it and am almost over it

Best Answer

I am sorry that it didn't go well. But now at least you won't look back with regret for not having tried. And in time maybe the situation will change. It is good that you're almost over it now though-I understand that it must've been very hard on you. I hope things continue to get easier and better. don't ever regret trying. You did your part, you should be proud of that. All the best. :)

Best Answer

Okay well at least you tried and all you can do is move on from there...you did your part ...so its nothing more to do..maybe he will come around after he is out, if not......thats okay too...its hard to get over but in time you will heal.

Best Answer

first off, you're factoring him in the equation as an adult, he's in jail, he doesn't write his cherished offspring, if he doesn't care about you, he probably doesn't care about anyone but himself, all signs point to the juvinile delinquent he is inside. See him first without expectations if you can, and accept him for the stunted emotional person he actually is. It might be hard, you might even be crushed by his apparent carelessness.

Like everyone says, it is what it is. there might not be anything there to cultivate with him, he may not be mature enough to handle a father role from jail, or anywhere else for that matter. Whatever happens, you didn't make him this way, and none of it is your fault. Try to see it for what it really is and go from there

Best Answer

Why have you not spoken to your dad for years, and I hope you don't mind me asking but why and how long has he been in Jail?

Best Answer

he has been in jail for three years, i haven't talked to him in almost two years

Best Answer

ok, why is he in jail and what made you stop speaking to him? You can talk in my inbox if you would rather.

Best Answer

Yes, if u want ur kids/future kids to think and ask abt you when u get older.

Best Answer

You should try. If you don't, you'll regret it one day. It may be a good thing, or a disappointment. Either way there can be closure.

Best Answer