In California court injuctions stop what people have voted into laws many times.
evaevil evaevil 41-45 6 Answers Apr 21, 2012

By paying them off....who ever has the most money wins the judge

Best Answer

Nothing that happens in California would surprise me. It's not just judges, In Clark County Washington a proposal to extend Portland Oregon's light rail into Clark County Washington has been defeated at the polls several times, but the local government has decided to do it anyway and when a petition drive to put it to a vote once again turned in more than enough signatures they promptly set out to disqualify them for some really ridiculous reasons like poor penmanship.

Best Answer

Can you sight the judge, the election and evidence that an election was defied?<br />
(Please don't try the old Bush in Florida trope. Many sources - even on the extreme left wing- have done studies and Bush did win.)

Best Answer

In California injunctions happen that stop what was voted in all the time.

Best Answer

I found 3 recent CA cases when the courts failed to enjoin enforcement against the operation of Propositions. Can you provide any further info regarding injunctions?

Best Answer

I wish i could remember . But i beleive one case was 2000 election.

Best Answer

A judge in California overturned Prop 8 that was voted on by the voters...Judge didn't think that the voters had that right even though it was a legal election...Course it was calif so anything that the voters want doesn't matter as long as you have a liberal gov't and judges

Best Answer

Liberal fairytales. Please remember that it was Gore - not Bush - who decided to try to engage the courts in a highly selective recount. in the end every major oversight and review confirmed Bush did win anyway even after the Chads, dimples, etc.

Best Answer

Initiatives. Yes you are correct, han't thought about them. I was thinking candidates. Initiatives have special challenges associated with them and are often tossed out here in my home state. I'm sure it's common elsewhere. Very good point.

Best Answer

It wouldn't stand up.<br />
Sorry, you said election?

Best Answer

That is because laws which violate the Federal Constitution are null and void from he get-go, and that the USA is not democratic majority rules, but actually ”and for the Republic for which it stands". People do not understand government.

Best Answer