everton13 everton13 46-50, F 11 Answers Jul 11, 2009

yes but they are really mild and don't really help if you have a truly chronic problem such a anxiety and so on... either way you should talk with your doc about taking them and if you're on other meds you should talk with you pharmacist to make sure there's no interactions...

Best Answer

Yes, you can. But, they are extremely mild. If you need something stronger, you would get Ambien or Lunesta. You need a prescription from your doctor for those.

Best Answer

Yes, you can get them.<br />
I have taken them and fallen asleep from them, but usually reawaken after a few hours.

Best Answer

Yeah, but the OTC sleep aids are completely useless.

Best Answer

no - if there were I would take them!

Best Answer

it's really not true. you can purchase anthihistamines which are marketed as sleep aids but they're not good like ambien or limovan or anything like that. you can probably get better pills from mexican pharmacies.

Best Answer

I think the person (people?) you were listening to were talking about things like Tylenol PM. Regular Tylenol with a little something else. Generics are also available off the shelf. They work for me when I want less interrupted sleep without the long awake periods of thinking in the night.

Best Answer

No. In fact, right now doctors are reluctant with most possibly-addictive medications, imo. <br />
You can get some things that are NOT prescription, though, like antihistamines (which totally knock me out) and other supplements, melatonin, tryptaphan, etc.

Best Answer

There are some sleeping pills that you can get over the counter,,,but I have to get a doctors order for the kind I take,,,Mary

Best Answer