For example, people who meditate. How do you clear your mind? I can't do it! When I try to think of nothing I'm actually thinking about trying to think of nothing, leading to me thinking of something. So confusing but one thing leads to another and I'm worrying about life yet again. Help?
mynameisjupeach mynameisjupeach 13-15, F 8 Answers Aug 21, 2012 in Self Improvement

just focus on your breathing in and out and nothing else am hoping u dont have to think about breathing

Best Answer

If I focus on it I think about it. :S

Best Answer

damn lolo well get some amonia capsules that will clear your mind for real lolololol

Best Answer

i had the same problem and the treatment is to focus in something like praying , reading and tell yourself every time you think about it "i'll not think about that ", that will be hard at the beginning and you must practice that 21 days continuously and you'll see the difference .

Best Answer

find something mindless and repetitive to kill time til you tire yourself out and sleep. my mind never stops going, i just have to shift focus.

Best Answer

Enlightenment is not achieved but attained,it isn't found while on a walk but discovered during a journey. The mind is full of thought but the desire to clear the distraction from the goal of experiencing a higher place within oneself is in itself a thought. Take the thought of what is worry some about life and look at it as an ob<x>ject. It is what it is, nothing more or less. Set it to the side. Every thought is like that. It can be nothing more or less.

Best Answer

It does not happen over night. It takes practice , discipline and regularity. The monk at the meditation camp I attended several years ago told us participants , First thing you want to make sure is , you want to drive away the thought 'I want my mind to be clear of thoughts'. As long as that desire is in your mind , you can not make much progress. Once you accept all thoughts and observe them like a witness, they gradually disappear. For me it took more than 3 weeks to reach that point.

Best Answer

Imagine that your thoughts are on a cloud, passing through the sky in your head, observe them, watch the clouds pass out of sight.<br />
Keep practising, don't be discouraged it takes time to master a clear head.<br />
May Love and Light show you the way.

Best Answer

I don't meditate on nothingness. It doesn't work.<br />
Instead I focus on one thought, and take it where it leads me. Instead of branching out when it suggests something interesting, I shift my full focus to that thing. Ride it until it breaks like a stallion.<br />
From there I can guide my train of thought.

Best Answer

Try not to think about penguins

Best Answer