TheBlessedOne TheBlessedOne 46-50, F 14 Answers Nov 25, 2012 in Health

It is not racist. The person who brought up the subject is racist. <br />
Some people will use anything to start an argument.<br />
You don't owe them an explanation. <br />
Ignore them.

Best Answer

Good grief, did someone think you said "golliwog" ?

Best Answer

tell them it takes one to know one...

Best Answer

A simple pollywog or tadpole for most or a sailor that has not passed the equator for an old shell-back like me . . . becomes a racists term (without any sense) if you're white (perhaps conservative) when combined with being a Christian (as known from previous posts) automatically make you a target of hate speech regardless of your character or what pollywog means to you. This is the new norm of logic, race relations and politics.

Best Answer

I'm not sure. According to the urban dictionary, a pollywog is a boy who grows up without a father and must raise himself to be a man.<br />
In Great Britain and Australia, the term "wog" is derogatory, and is used to describe darker skinned people. Is it possible that "wog" has evolved over time? "Woggers" is in use...it is not too far-fetched to imagine that "pollywog" may have gone into use as well. You must plead your ignorance of colloquial usage next time, since Americans don't speak exactly the same English slang.

Best Answer

I thought a pollywog was one that lived with several other adult wogs and had marital relations with all of them......<br />
It could be that someone has their knickers in a wad and wants to prove a point. Personally, I think folks need to lighten up and breathe. So little of what people get upset about will matter 100 years from now. Is it really worth getting worked up about? If so, wouldn't they be better off getting uptight about something that actually matters?

Best Answer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wog<br />
They likely misunderstood you or they were joking.

Best Answer

Oh my, I did not mean it like that. I did use the term pollywog not wog. There is a big difference. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tadpole

Best Answer

wth is a fog?

Best Answer

Sorry I mistyped. I meant to say frog.

Best Answer

what color skin does a pollywog have?

Best Answer