And no, I'm not a waitress and yes I think 30% is too high unless the services absolutely beyond fantastic. Go to aol.com if you want to read it for yourself.
LadyBronte LadyBronte 46-50, F 17 Answers Sep 24, 2012 in Community

I agree with you. if I tip even close to 30% EVERY dog gone THING better have been perfect.

Best Answer

Agreed!

Best Answer

I used to deliver Pizza and one customer to whom I delivered over $100 ($103.75, if I remember correctly)worth of Pizza paid me $105 and said keep the change implying she was doing me the biggest favor. That's a 1% tip. :(

Best Answer

Bummer! That really does bite. :( But by the same token a $30.00 tip would seem like overkill. So there has to be a happy medium for good service. :)

Best Answer

I completely agree.

Best Answer

usually 15-20% depending on the service and mood I'm in.<br />
I've seen people leave tips as low as 5%.

Best Answer

I'm a college student and I work my butt off for my money, so I usually do my best with tips, but if I get poor service you get a poor tip.

Best Answer

no one pays me tips for my work

Best Answer

I don't care what the "norm" is, I tip by the kind of service I received and that includes everything from the time I walk in to the place until I'm ready to leave. Lousy service = zero tip whereas Super service = a very good tip. And if it's a place that automatically adds a certain percentage to your bill they'll only get me once because I'll never return there again.

Best Answer

The server will remember your face, so if you stiff them ona tip, I'd be wary of eating there again. I should know, I used to work in restaurants.

Best Answer

Hey, I tip.....when the service is deserving of it and it's not like I'm a tough grader. All you have to do is your job in a timely manner. I used to waitress as well so I know all about it.

Best Answer

I don't bother with percentages. If I order something small, I tip $2.00. Otherwise I tip $5.00.

Best Answer

That sounds like a lot o_O<br />
I usually tip ba<x>sed on the service I got.

Best Answer

I thought is sounded like a lot too!

Best Answer

Tipping your waiter/waitress is only slightly less moral than tipping cows.

Best Answer

lol!

Best Answer

I'd want standards of service to reflect the same hike.

Best Answer

here if they get paid min wage ... which is like $9.00/hour ish... then no not tipping that amount ever.

Best Answer

What state do you live in where waitstaff gets minimum wage? My state pays them $2.35 an hour. Also my state's minimum wage is about $7 I dunno where you live but I think I should move.

Best Answer

the northern state of Canada

Best Answer

Around here they get about $2.36/hr according to the article mentioned above.

Best Answer

wow in my province min wage just went up to $9.75/hour

Best Answer

Then I will be getting it "to go" .... thats rediculous

Best Answer

I thought so too!

Best Answer