His wife is a friend of mine on facebook and I see that they are in love and happy and it makes me sad. Sometimes I feel like she is living my life. I should be in her shoes and it hurts. I am married and I love my husband very much but I continue to think of my first love and wonder why I'm not with him. Then I keep having these dreams that my 1st boyfriend and I are together and happy and it depresses me. So much so that I sought him out and found his wife on facebook and continue to look at their happy life together and think that maybe I just wasn't good enough for him. We broke up when we were 17 he dumped me. And then he married her not even a year later and I've always wondered why he picked her over me. I actually think it was maybe because he wanted allot of kids and I didn't. Although I have a child now. His wife had already had a kid when she married him. I just don't know what to do about this. Can someone give me any advice?
redjewel31 redjewel31 36-40 5 Answers Jul 9, 2009

I think in a way you do still love him. I never forgot my first love either. Whenever I see them my heart still speeds up uncontrollabally. It's not a bad thing, it's normal. There will always be bits and pieces left behind from others that you once loved, and those pieces simply make you the way you are. Just remember that your husband is the one who is here now and he is the one loves you back. You don't need to forget your first, but pay more attention to your love right now. Remind yourself why you love him and spend some good old quality time with him. He'll appreciate it more than anyone else could.

Best Answer

One never forgets their first love. You'll go to your grave questioning why he chose someone else. You just have to remember to be careful what you wish for - it may not always be what is best for you long term. I dreamed about my first and only love of 50 years ago...that we did get back together after a 50th h.s. reunion and were estatic. The years and experience matured and mellowed both of us (plus we didn't age much in the dream!) I've been free of him for many years, so the dream surprised me - also made me feel good! Crazy!

Best Answer

you sound like you are living on regrets let it go and get on with your own life. How can you be fully committed if you are still thinking like this about your ex. You need to move on and admit that you have lost him then perhaps you can move on and be happy with what you now have.

Best Answer

i know it sounds wierd but u do need to cofront him.you feel still in love cuz he was ur first.i still love my first alot.its best to tell them.i know u wnt him bak everyday.i know u do.i see myself wit mine everyday.u thought it was cute he was a first love and a first boyfriend.life is full of soething and this shouldnt be it.u need to free urself.u need to realize it u love him and at least confront hi see if he is the same.

Best Answer