I'm already tall without the freakin heels, but if I don't wear them, especially for an interview it doesn't look right. No, I'm not some bra-burning-hairy-armpit feminist. haha Dudes: Don't be weird about how you like feet or heels. haha
InTheMiddle88 InTheMiddle88 22-25, F 22 Answers Apr 20, 2012

Erm nobody has to wear heels o_0 If Im gonna be on my feet all day then I wear low ones or flats

Best Answer

I would've worn flats but supposedly it's not business attire. I should just stop asking for people's opinions. haha

Best Answer

lol no need ot stop asking :-) Just wear lowerr ones like 1 or 2 inch and its easier on your feet but still looks smart

Best Answer

Women DON'T have to wear heels. That is your perception. I quit wearing heels decades ago and as far as I know it was never held against me professionally. I worked in various office occupations and then later as a counselor and as a teacher.

Best Answer

Forgive me, but women dress for other women, especially shoes. If women wanted to dress for men, they would dress slutty, not fashionably. Guys don't get the shoe thing. Guys generally don't notice a woman's shoes, especially at an interview. <br />
I have been a hiring manager many times in my career. I have NEVER noticed the shoes a woman wore to an interview. In fact, in recent years, most of the women I have had meetings with were wearing a conservative woman's suits and if they were wearing heels, they were low conservative heels.<br />
Don't get me wrong -- if you are wearing a sexy, slinky body-hugging halter or strapless gown that shows a lot of leg, heels can look sexy, but I never otherwise notice a woman's shoes.<br />
So PLEASE, do not blame "patriarchal society." That is total BS. Men Don't Care!

Best Answer

I admit heels are a killer but they look just nice on my feet I love them! But nobody can make you wear them!!! I know this is typical society looking good stuff but if you are prepared to walk for a long time (more than 10 mins :P) get on flats lady!! :))

Best Answer

Come on girls they cant be that bad i bet you even i could do it for a day feel free to private message me if you want to take me up on the challenge lol

Best Answer

go ahead and walk around in heels all day. you'll be lying if you say that your feet weren't killing you or aren't killing you by the end of the day.

Best Answer

there are short heels and buisness style plateforms, it's your choice to wear the heels. you could have taken the interview in a slacksuit and platforms, (although your feet would probly still hurt)

Best Answer

Keep a cute pair of flats, "same color as your heels", in your bag for walking, then swap them out at the right time. That's how I do it for work.

Best Answer

I wanted to do that but my purse wasn't big enough.

Best Answer

You know i dont think many men find heels attractive. Its more a woman's fashion thing perceptions of society and all that. I mean really cramming your feet into torture devices to look good thats too insane to be the work of a man.

Best Answer

Plus it makes the feet look messed up after especially if it's really high heels.

Best Answer

High heeled footware was originally worn by aristocratic men, not women, to make them look taller.

Best Answer

Perhaps you should have taken a pair of flats with you and changed into heels before any interview, although, I have seen flats that would be appropriate for even a formal interview.<br />
Don't blame a patriarchal society for the choice you made.

Best Answer

Most of the girls on our campus wear trainers anyway. Only wear heels when they are out on the razz

Best Answer

Wear what you want to and sod what people may or may not think of you.

Best Answer

I have no idea why women wear heels when it makes their feet hurt. I seena woman with heels so high she was actually depending on the man with her to keep her from falling, she looked stupid to me. Just looking at the position of your foot in heels looks stupid to me. I would a little heel is okay but high heel to the point where you're actually balancing and putting actual effort into something as easy as walking. Also I don't know why women want to be taller with heels.

Best Answer

I don't think there is man with a rule that says you must wear high heels! If heels aren't your style there are certainly cute flats that look professional and are more to your liking. It appears from what you said about not looking right, that you must like the look. That doesn't sounds so forced. And here, these are a great type of insoles that work well if you feel you need to wear high heals http://www.insolia.com/ I own a couple pair and can go most of the day in heels!

Best Answer

'Twasn't my idea.

Best Answer

I don't wear heels. It's possible that I'm not married because I don't wear heels...

Best Answer