I bought a pleather chair today off Craigslist. Pretty nice. 1st piece of furniture I have in the place. Though i do have a couple chairs in the place. One is a desk chair and the other one is a chair that folds up for sporting events. So i sit down in it and tell my kitty to join me . He jumps up and sits on the arm. I said"this is Our chair" right after i said that he gets his claws ready and digs in...... "NO" then he stops and then i tell him its not his chair any more. So i guess i will have to cover my chair and foot stool up with something while im not here he wont do any more...... been a long time since ive had anything nice, now i forgot why. Now i have to figure out how to stop him while im not here besides loading blankets on it.
KaylaBayla KaylaBayla 36-40, F 3 Answers Jun 21 in Travel

I bought one of those recliners with all the bells and whistles. One day I sat down and noticed the front of the right side had rips and pulls down one side. I was so disappointed that my beautiful new chair was damaged like that but I was puzzled and couldn't work out why or what had happened because it was perfect when it arrived the week before.<br />
The next day I found out. My neighbour's cat Sophie came to visit and I let her in as usual. She likes to wander through my house and sniff everything and later after she'd gone I realised that the damage on the chair was worse going right along the armrest. <br />
Sophie doesn't understand why now I only say hello through the window and don't let her in. :(

Best Answer

I hear ya on that one. My little man is laying next to me while on my new chair. I think I will have to put it in the closet while im gone at work. And im suppose to be Fostering some Cats next week too. lol oh the joys of having cats.

Best Answer

ok so the chair wont fit in the closet .

Best Answer

Get him a scratching post.

Best Answer

He has one and he uses all the time.... until i brought home something new.

Best Answer

You could try a squirt gun. It works great.

Best Answer

Your right it does, but not when im at work . I think i will just put it in the closet if it will fit when im gone . Plus I will be fostering two cats next week so i have to figure out something.

Best Answer

train him with temptation treats. Reward him when he listens and behaves. Don't give reward when does wrong.

Best Answer